The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

10 posts Page 1 of 1
Pizza attack
01 Oct 2013, 21:52
Just fallen off the low-carb wagon in spectacular style by scoffing, in a single sitting, the most ginormous pizza ever seen in the history of pizzas (ok, minor exaggeration there).

Refuse to beat myself up but there's no denying I'm feeling decidedly bleugh, physically and mentally. Oh well. Tomorrow's a new day.

What a roller-coaster of a journey, eh?
Re: Pizza attack
01 Oct 2013, 21:56
What a glorious way to go! I hope you enjoyed it, but a big dose of carbs doesn't always feel good afterwards...

Tomorrow is another day, but hopefully one without a big pizza! :clover:
01 Oct 2013, 22:01
Can't beat a bit of pizza bloat.!!!.................mmmmmmm pizza (drools)
01 Oct 2013, 23:01
@shachat I know the feeling - did something similar this weekend - only with a lovely loaf of artisan bread ... Don't often have much bread these days, and only had about half the loaf :bugeyes: :confused: but did feel really bloated afterwards, and ... well downright peculiar (no! don't say anything!) and it was spelt flour too, which is supposed to be better on the tum (or in the tum :shock: :wink: )
01 Oct 2013, 23:04
Well, if you are going to go down...it might as well be in a Blaze of Glory. Long live pizza! Eat drink and be merry for tomorrow we fast. :wink:
01 Oct 2013, 23:40
Oh I can so understand this. I LOVE pizza and it's clichéd but I love Dominos.. thin and crispy, bbq sauce with extra prawns, camembert and mushroom. YUM-EEEEEEEEEEEEE.
Lil :heart:
02 Oct 2013, 00:19
My curse this week has been part baked baguettes. I got a case of them really cheap. So we have been eating a whole one for nearly every lunch, being the lazy so and so's we are. Anyway, the IBS kicked in well and truly earlier on, and all the lads say they heard was a pain filled voice, echoing from the WC, muttering curses along the line of 'I'm never eating bread again in my life'.

Right now I am popping in and out of the rain to try and cool down, as all those carbs have given me hot flushes.
02 Oct 2013, 00:21
If you have the time, I do recommend making the 'cauliflower pizza crust', just look online for it. It sounds weird, but it actually makes a tastier pizza base than pizza base does.
02 Oct 2013, 00:30
I had serious pizza cravings last week. I'm not low-carbing but I'm considering it because of the bloating that I feel after eating something like pizza or pasta.
02 Oct 2013, 08:31
Thanks all, for the sharing & support. Woken up feeling much better emotionally, if a bit bloated (water retention, rather than usual problem of wind). Had expected to feel really hungry due to carb blowout last night but that hasn't happened.

And you know what? Yes, that pizza was very scrummy, but I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as I thought I would - my body's definitely got used to a low-carb WOL and appears to prefer it. Who'd have thought?!

Right, new day. Clean sheet. And so forth. :)
10 posts Page 1 of 1