The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

8 posts Page 1 of 1
I was thinking about numbers again, and it seems my weight range spans about 1kg depending if its fast or famine. At the moment its between 71.8 and 72.8

Anyway i seem to be always looking at the numbers such that i know i will never see 73kg + again. and i remember clearly when i could never get below 73.5.

It's like coming down a notch progressively and knowing you will never ever ever be at "that weight again"

It gives me such a great a feeling of power when i know i can change my behaviour and get a result like that. And that i have the will to never overeat again with the advantage of 5:2 (or 4:3 in my case) even though i love food and preparing food.
I'm hovering around the same weight as you Juliana. I did see over 73 after the holiday but I was 72.6 this morning. Lowest weight on this has been 71. I've lived at 73.5 for years now so it's nice to be under especially as I was creeping up and up before 5:2. Now I'm creeping down down slowly slowly.
Good for us I say :like:
Nice to meet with people in same weight zone. We can be the "lower 70'ers" here.

I wonder if we are very different to the 80'ers, 90'ers or 100 plus'ers in the way that our bodies react to Intermittent fasting. Same principles apply but I guess the only thing is that our weight decline is in small digits, so for me, just seeing a 1 kilo drop is a great feeling. Whenever i see the 71 mark whether its 71.5 or 71.6 or 71 point anything is an amazing feeling.

I just know i will see the 70 point something zone one day.. maybe in a few months time but I dont mind.
70 would be a nice Christmas present for us both.
I'm currently 73.03kg. Wineoclock...what about 69.99kg for Christmas!!!
I'm just the same! I managed 70.8 just before a weekend away of all-inclusive, now after one fast it's back to 71.5!! I have a 10 year college reunion at the end of October and I'm determined to be 69.x by then. 10 years ago I was a low 60'er, so at least I should be back in the same decade of numbers on the scales!!! :razz:
what a great idea... 69 point something too before the end of the year...

ive always liked that number! :grin: :grin: :grin:
I think we all get a real kick out of the digit change. I'm at 64.9 at the moment, varying up to 65.5 depending on the day etc - but so glad not to be reaching 66 anymore. Can't wait to see 63-something, it's slow going now (think I may have to do some 4:3 or be a bit more mindful) so my aim is to be around 62-63 by Christmas, 10kg down on that time last year. I remember years ago when I lost a lot of weight (through what was probably borderline anorexia, the behaviours were there though I didn't realise until after the fact) I told myself I never wanted to go over 60kg again. This time when I hit 60kg I'm really going to stay within a few lbs of that and I know with 5:2 I can control it. It's such a sense of relief knowing we have that control isn't it?
8 posts Page 1 of 1