The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Relieved!!
06 Aug 2013, 20:00
Hi all,

last thursday i got home from my vacation, three weeks of non-Fasting and enjoying ice-cream, fries, fried shrimps, BBQ, wine and so on.
Let me state, ididnt binge! And i did try two days of Fasting but didnt manage though :(
BUT, the reason why i am so relieved is this. When i weighed in the Friday morning after getting home ik "gained" 3,2 kg.
Which didnt shock me since i gained 2,5 kg before after being away for only a weekend and lost those quite easily.
I did a fast Friday and one yesterday and lost already 2,7 kg, so i tihnk its safe to say i only gained 1 pound!
I will do a 4:3 this week and hopefully lose some more.
The good thing also is that ienjoyed both fasts i did after my vacation, it felt like a vacation for my body!
Re: Relieved!!
06 Aug 2013, 20:30
Sounds great. I truly believe that a vacation was good if it shows on the scales. ;-)
06 Aug 2013, 21:00
Well done petravv on a few counts, it is true what TML said important to have vacations from 5:2 when on holidays. Then when back home getting back on track again and with a 4:3 woosh. all the best
17 Aug 2013, 18:41
We just got back from a trip to a wilderness resort. We fasted on the travel days out and back. At the camp it we ate so much - bacon, sausage, bread, eggs, etc for breakfasts, sandwiches or burgers, salads, cookies for lunch, and salads, meat, potatoes, etc for supper. Their big specialty was pies every night. I felt sluggish and was sure I had gained. Weighed this AM and was down 2 lbs. We didn't do a lot of walking, but some. We had a 3 and 6 year old along. I'm very happy!
17 Aug 2013, 19:17
Blimey JM 53 I should think you very Relieved & Happy
Well done and thanks for the inspiration it gives me for my holiday
in 4 weeks or so. Good Luck :clover: Sue
18 Aug 2013, 13:18
Thanks Sue.

My rate of loss had slowed prior to our trip. We even did 4:3 for a couple of weeks before in anticipation of the trip. I think it might have helped get the loss going having had a few days of overeating. I really thought the fast on the way home would be hard after all that gluttony, but it seemed even easier than before.

Enjoy your holiday!
19 Aug 2013, 04:22
Thanks petravv for your post and you must have been relieved!
It gives me hope that after the coming long weekend with the whole family and friends staying celebrating together (our golden wedding) I may not put on too much. I do know that my appetite is more controlled than it has ever been and it helps me to reaffirm that by writing it down here!
I will be back on track and cope anyway thanks to 5:2!
7 posts Page 1 of 1