The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

14 posts Page 1 of 1
Just a heads up for those living in Australia. Tomorrow (Sunday 23rd Feb) on am band 702abc radio station at 11am Broadcaster and foodie Simon Marnie has been convinced by broadcaster and successful 5:2 er Richard Glover to try the 5:2 fast but he wants to chat about food with Richard and how to make it interesting and doable food wise. I think it will be very interesting as the 2 guys are very entertaining. Please don't ask me to post a link because I don't know how. Maybe those of you who live far away can listen to it by accessing the station digitally on the app ' tune in radio '
Xxx julianna
Thanks Julianna I'll try to be near a radio to listen. I really like listening to both of them.
702, that's the Sydney local one, yeah? Not radio national? I can listen on my ABC app I hope! Thanks, Julianna!
Thanks so much @julianna for posting this. If anyone is interested, here is the link for 702ABC. I will look and see if they have a download for it after it has aired.

For those outside of Eastern Daylight Time (Australia) then 11am here is midnight Saturday night at Greenwich Mean Time so you'll have to do the math yourself if you want to listen live.

http://www.abc.net.au/sydney/programs/w ... nliveradio
Yes @jools7 it is the local Sydney one not the national one. And thank you @The Fishbaum, I knew someone clever like you could post the necessary links. I've send Simon an email through the ABC email to let him know we'll all be listening so I'll send another one and ask him to download it for us. @Wineoclock, I love Simon ,he's a guy who can just lighten up situations with his quirky sense of humour and sillyness. I'll give a shout out to @Juliana.Rivers cos I know she's posted Richard's 5:2 articles before. Hey Juliana. (Waves)
Xxx
Just a heads up for those living in Australia. Tomorrow (Sunday 23rd Feb) on am band 702abc radio station at 11am Broadcaster and foodie Simon Marnie has been convinced by broadcaster and successful 5:2 er Richard Glover to try the 5:2 fast but he wants to chat about food with Richard and how to make it interesting and doable food wise. I think it will be very interesting as the 2 guys are very entertaining. Please don't ask me to post a link because I don't know how. Maybe those of you who live far away can listen to it by accessing the station digitally on the app ' tune in radio '
Xxx julianna

Thanks so much Julianna

Simon and Richard will definitely be so entertaining. Only thing to get you through Sydney commuting traffic is Richard Glover on his Drive program (702 for Sydneyites 3pm.. much better than the other FM stations or dreaded talkback)

the radio program link will be here but dont think they do podcasts. http://www.abc.net.au/sydney/programs/702_weekends/

for years i didnt know what radio personalities looked like as you only heard them. .till the internet

Simon Marnie

Richard Glover
Jump

program on in half hour. though the bit about 5:2 might not be till 11am Sydney time.

I am going to try to ring through if i can. Have done it on ABC radio several times for various things
The interview with Richard is about to be on
Not sure if anyone heard but I got my moment of fame with Simon, Richard and the radio airwaves. I cant remember what i said but gave this way of life a great plug

What better way to boast about your 5k loss since starting!

I wanted to plug the fastday.com support forum but i guess it either wasn't appropriate or they had lots to go through and only had a short time on air.

I'm going to submit my Asian beef noodle soup to the email addy they mentioned. Just gotta find another meal for that "day"

Richard is a great enthusiast of 5:2 and he explained the benefits of 5:2 so clearly today.

Richard Glover wrote a brilliant article about 5:2 in the SMH paper here
http://www.smh.com.au/comment/truly-dev ... 2u0by.html
http://www.smh.com.au/comment/i-was-hun ... 2j8oi.html

and on Fast exercise/HIT
http://www.smh.com.au/comment/my-shirts ... 30vq6.html
That's so great Juliana but I'm so sad I missed you. I only caught the last 10 minute's as it was hectic at my house and in the confusion I can't believe I forgot!!! But what I heard was great! I've emailed Simon and asked him to download it and I'm crossing my fingers.
Xxx
julianna wrote: That's so great Juliana but I'm so sad I missed you. I only caught the last 10 minute's as it was hectic at my house and in the confusion I can't believe I forgot!!! But what I heard was great! I've emailed Simon and asked him to download it and I'm crossing my fingers.
Xxx

thats funny cause you told me about it :-)

kewl re the program download.. he might think it was you that called as we have same name

i spoke to the person taking the call and asked if i can mention fastday.com as a community forum but didnt get a chance to say it. i know i mentioned eating apples if your hungry

the bit from richard glover before i got on was so brilliant. he described 5:2 to a T.

ps.. @Moogie so good you changed domain name to fastday.com as i used to have so much trouble remembering the other one (and not getting it mixed up with the MM one) .. and easy to say to people.
julianna wrote: That's so great Juliana but I'm so sad I missed you. I only caught the last 10 minute's as it was hectic at my house and in the confusion I can't believe I forgot!!! But what I heard was great! I've emailed Simon and asked him to download it and I'm crossing my fingers.
Xxx

Any luck from Simon regarding the audio file.

I still cant believe that i boasted on radio to thousands that i'd lost 5kg. a few people i know heard me.
Hi @Juliana.Rivers
Sorry, no reply from Simon. It would be good for you to listen to it again.
Xxx julianna
julianna wrote: Hi @Juliana.Rivers
Sorry, no reply from Simon. It would be good for you to listen to it again.
Xxx julianna

Yeah. i was on again today with the radio about my kitchen reno's. im really liking being a talkback show caller. lol
14 posts Page 1 of 1