The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Saved by my Vitamix again!
09 Aug 2013, 18:19
Last week I posted something about my distress with store bought bread. I got many helpful responses which I intend to experiment with as time allows. Many many thanks to FatDog for all the links. I decided to try Socca. My store did not carry chickpea flour and I didn't have time to search elsewhere. So what did I do? Nicky_94 this is for you! I bought a bag of dried chickpeas. I put the a cupful into my Vitamix on High and what ta ya know...chickpea flour! I added the rest of the ingredients along with carmelized onion and red pepper. Another whizz. Although not the correct method of cooking as in Nice I cooked them atop the stove. The socca was a savory pancake and so good. Nice lunch with salad. Lots of fiber and protein along with a little fresh veg. NO artificial chemistry lab bread!
Re: Saved by my Vitamix again!
09 Aug 2013, 18:29
You're taunting me with your vitamix LOL!

That's a great idea, didn't know you could make chickpea flour like that, I love socca but I've always made it from the shop bought flour.
4 posts Page 1 of 1