The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

4 posts Page 1 of 1
second time lucky.
20 Jan 2014, 22:09
Hi all.

I've had a month off around Australia, well just down the east coast and I only put 10lbs on, I thought I would've put more on with all the good food and drink.

And now I am ready to start the 5:2 again. I did intend to have at least one fast day per week whilst away but I completely forgot about it, too busy enjoying myself more like. I would like to lose 3 stone to get me down to my ideal weight. But the first day is the hardest, but I am looking forward to it in sad sort of way.

So hi everyone again and wish me luck

Graham.
Re: second time lucky.
20 Jan 2014, 22:16
:clover: Hi @gnt64a And Welcome back to fasting yes you've had your holiday and its now time to melt some of your 3 stone away, your gain was quite small considering the length of time away well done, I gained 5kgs in one week last year but you soon get back on track. :clover: :clover:
20 Jan 2014, 22:18
Hi gnt64a!
I did exactly the same, took a month off over Christmas and I'm 3 kilos heavier than before. I was actually pleasantly surprised too, which people are finding strange! :)
Prior to my 'month off' I was down about 6.5 kilos in about 3 months. I was so chuffed and genuinely shocked every time I weighed myself. So, a bit annoyed I've let it slip but I had a great month :)
I had my first fast back yesterday and it was easier than expected... Before Christmas I was not eating at all until dinner... yesterday I had a miso soup and a carrot so not too bad!
Personally I'd love to lose a stone and a half, about 10 kilos. May be a bit ambitious but I'm giving myself until August when I have my cousins wedding.
Let me know how you get on, and good luck! Are you doing straight 5:2? What time scale are you looking at for your 3 stone loss?
Kelkelkelster
20 Jan 2014, 22:19
Good luck Graham. I'm sure you will soon get back in the groove. I find the 'Fasting today' threads really helpful and supportive. I am never alone on a fast day, and if I think I'm going to crack I go on there to get re inspired and to tell someone how hard it all is. Then it doesn't seem so bad. Go, boy! You can do it!
4 posts Page 1 of 1