The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

24 posts Page 2 of 2
Lovely thread thanks Karen,

Can anyone remember that early post about calculating BMI in relation to wrist measurement and how to calculate BMI. There was also another thread as to BMI where it was different if you had had children. Definitely think we could link those threads onto this post but it is beyond me
It's hard to know whats right isn't it. I'm going to keep going until I hit my target but I suspect I may be too thin for me when I get there. I'm interested in finding out though!
Is there any information about taking bust size into account? My feeling is that it must affect BMI and %fat content in women. My daughter who I think looks a lovely is size 10/12 and is hovering at the overweight/normal BMI border - she has a 32E bust and a tiny waist. Because of her BMI she feels she needs to lose more.
I still need to lose a stone to hit my target and get a BMI of 24.9. However, when I saw my doctor recently, I did say to her that if I didn't lose anymore weight from where I am, I wouldn't be unhappy with that. She agreed that it would be better for me to sustain what I've lost, than to try and lose a lot more if it wasn't sustainable and I put weight back on, because yo-yoing is worse for you than being slightly overweight.
I reckon waist measurement is probably the way to go and it doesn't look like you are that far off according to your progress charts. I just did the wrist calculator and also the calculator off another thread. I'm totally confused as some of the measurements put me at a couple of stone less where I am now and I'm already into healthy BMI and waist measurement territory. :confused: :confused: http://www.calculator.net/ideal-weight- ... 0&x=67&y=8. Good luck with your career change - quite a shift - wow!
Lil wrote: Is there any information about taking bust size into account? My feeling is that it must affect BMI and %fat content in women. My daughter who I think looks a lovely is size 10/12 and is hovering at the overweight/normal BMI border - she has a 32E bust and a tiny waist. Because of her BMI she feels she needs to lose more.

There really should be the facility to take bust into account. I am 32HH. I am hourglass shaped, but the charts don't take it into account. I just did that bizcalc and it reckons I've got 2stone to lose and that is total rubbish! Last time I was that weight I was wearing 13-14years in bottoms and a 14-16 top. I looked like a letter P Lolx
rawkaren wrote: I reckon waist measurement is probably the way to go and it doesn't look like you are that far off according to your progress charts. I just did the wrist calculator and also the calculator off another thread. I'm totally confused as some of the measurements put me at a couple of stone less where I am now and I'm already into healthy BMI and waist measurement territory. :confused: :confused: http://www.calculator.net/ideal-weight- ... 0&x=67&y=8. Good luck with your career change - quite a shift - wow!

Accountancy just stresses me out. I've completed a PTLLS course and can teach crochet, felting, rag rugging etc. problem with that is it's too much time on my feet.
Manicures require me to be sat down! I will be mobile, working from home and I can fit it all around my daughter. Hopefully, if her VNS works, she'll spend more time at school! It's all a little bit exciting, but frightening too. My life is being totally overhauled! :heart:
Good Luck Karen with your career change :heart:
I can almost feel your excitement. :clover: Sue. :clover:
24 posts Page 2 of 2