The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Shift work
04 Feb 2014, 11:29
I work an unusual shift pattern either 12 hours days or nights (7-7), but I work the following
Two days on
Two days off
Three day on
Two days off
Two days on
Three days off
Now I want to do the fast days when I am not on shift has anyone else done this diet on this sort of shift pattern?
Re: Shift work
04 Feb 2014, 11:34
Wow that is weird!!if you are comfortable doing your fasts when you are at home, them just pick the two days each week to suit you, it doesn't even have to be the same two days each week.
I work 21 days straight with a day off in the middle, 11 hour days and find it easy to fast at work but different things suit different people.
Work through it and find what works for you and good luck!
Re: Shift work
04 Feb 2014, 15:10
Hi, I'm a shift worker, there are a lot of us out there fasting and working the unsocial hours. Mine are a mix of 12 & 8 hrs, earlies lates and nights.
In all honesty fasting on shift is no issue. I find nights very easy, oxo gets me through the 4am slump. It's easier at work, I can't hear the biscuits calling from the tin! If you want to fast on non work days, just do that. It may mean different days each week, that doesn't matter. Find what works for you, play around with it a bit then go with it.

Good luck x
3 posts Page 1 of 1