The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

14 posts Page 1 of 1
Shopping for boots.
17 Nov 2013, 12:34
Not only have I needed a complete new wardrobe, this WOE has robbed me of all my shoes and boots. My feet have shrunk!

I still have to buy little ankle boots though as my calves haven't shrunk enough for anything higher.

I have never had this on any other diet before (never had this much success), there was me thinking that the 5:2 was brilliant because its free, and what happens? I'll tell you what, its costing me an arm and a leg in shoes. *insert sarcasm font*. Its a fantastic excuse to go shoe buying and I've still go my old ones for wearing with extra thick socks for winter too.
Re: Shopping for boots.
17 Nov 2013, 12:41
Yep, feet shrink as well !

I now have to wear socks in my boots, and my over the knee jobbies fit now :oops: :wink:

I have chunky calves so this a very welcome novelty of anything above the ankles :smile:
17 Nov 2013, 15:42
Love it ladies, I Love my boots.
Just a little tip I saw on the TV the other day, they were showing mid calf boots as the seasons must have!. If you want to pay less for your boots buy cheap ones and get them re-soled and heeled straight away. Not only can you have up to the minute fashion (if that's what you want) but they will also last a lot lot longer. I always have good shoes re heeled, as I'm heavy footed and do a lot of walking at work. But my husband wears a suit etc for work so it's more economical to do this for him also.
17 Nov 2013, 17:35
I know I have lost inches on my legs as there is now a gap between top of boot and leg LOL! I have always thought shoe shops do not have a realistic idea of how wide people's calves actually are as I am by no means fat legged but sometimes struggle with getting zips up! Love love love this diet! Weighed today and now a stone lost since end of June - good way to do it slow and steady :-)
17 Nov 2013, 19:15
I am just very pleased flat/low heels are everywhere for boots this year :)

I can't wear high heels :(
17 Nov 2013, 19:38
There are some lovely styles around I have 3 pair of ankle boots and in our winter they were were just great. Ditto with the shoes being looser
17 Nov 2013, 20:44
I get Plantar Faciitis, so have to wear flats. But as the weight comes off I am hoping to be able to wear a bit of a heel occasionally.
17 Nov 2013, 21:01
Yes there are some fantastic riding type boots around ... i am waiting for the sales though - the ones I want are a couple of hundred quid! :shock:
18 Nov 2013, 06:54
I had heard of feet shrinking when losing weight, but even after almost 50lbs, my feet are the same large size. I'm hoping that my calves have shrunk enough that I can finally fit into some knee high boots. I'm waiting until I'm back in the US at Xmas to try some out.

Have fun shoe shopping, Julie!
18 Nov 2013, 08:56
I have a boot addiction but only buy in the sales in January when I can buy expensive ones that I would never pay full price for. :like:
18 Nov 2013, 09:11
Even if I am not a shoes woman (I only have 3 pairs) I would love love love to find a sexy pair of knees boots with heels, the one with a zipper from top to bottom. Maybe not black but dark brown. :cool:
18 Nov 2013, 09:23
I love boots, must own at least 12 pairs :oops: ranging from ankle style pixie ones, calf length slouchy to tuck my jeans in and smarter knee high, all flat though as I can't wear heels. Love quirky colours too, just bought a pair of fleece lined dark green ones (hubby said I look like one of Santa's little helpers in them but I don't care!), a turquoise suede pair and a purple pair! :razz: Only take size 3, Eu 36, so can sometimes get away with children's sizes at a lower price.
18 Nov 2013, 23:27
Duo boots come in 21 calf widths - pricy, but great :)
14 posts Page 1 of 1