The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Should I fast again tomorrow?
19 Jan 2014, 17:34
Evening all,

I was wondering whether I should fast tomorrow, being my normal day.
I had chronic diahoerrea all Friday night and all day Saturday so was way under 500. Should I count this as one of my 2 this week or not? Am still not feeling particularly hungry even now, I think it is a virus as I also have a sore throat and sniffles. Tia.
It might be a good idea to take it easy until you feel well again...up the fluids and eat light meals.
:heart: Yes I agree with @Auriga Skipping tomorrow is probably best to give things time to settle and do one later in the week if you're feeling up to it. :heart: :heart:
I agree with the others - I would leave tomorrow as a normal day & wait until you're back to normal again before fasting
& yes I would count Saturday as a fast day if I was you- so you will only need 1 more fast this week. :like:
Hope you feel better soon
Hi,
Sounds like you've been given lots of advice - I agree too that Sat would count as a fast day. Hope you're feeling better soon.
Thanks guys, just eaten a light meal but feel really slugish!
To tell the truth I would go with what your body is telling you. If you aren't hungry, don't force it. maybe your body doesn't want to bother with food and all the energy required for digestion right now.

If you can stomach it, maybe have a light soup which will help keep your fluid levels up and boost your salt levels, without causing too much disruption further down the line.
I normally have home made soup for my Monday fast so perhaps I will just carry on with that and see how I feel.
8 posts Page 1 of 1