The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Sickly sweet experience
13 Nov 2013, 18:25
Tonight I was having dinner in a food court with my colleague (xiao long bao dumplings -- yum) and there is a shop behind us that sells those iced tea drinks. The fellow from that shop comes over and gives us a small shot-size sample cup of one of his teas for us to try. I took a small sip, and my goodness, it was so incredibly sweet. It was like drinking cordial syrup before diluting it with water, I just couldn't handle it and it made me retch. I can't imagine how someone would be able to drink a whole cup (I guess it is normally sold in a 400-500mL cup?).

I've spent nearly four weeks now in Taiwan, and I have to say, not much of the food here is particularly sweet. I have been generally avoiding sweet things anyway, after watching Robert Lustigs video "Sugar: The Bitter Truth". Occasionally I've had some sweet treats like a small scoop of green tea ice cream after dinner, but as far as drinks go it has been pretty much just water, tea and coffee (no milk or sugar). I just wasn't prepared for how sweet tht iced tea sample was, and I wonder if this Asian diet together with the 5:2 regeime has affected my palate.
Re: Sickly sweet experience
13 Nov 2013, 19:03
It's great isn't it that sugar actually does not taste very nice. It's everything else that goes with it! Glad your palate is adapting :like:
2 posts Page 1 of 1