The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

7 posts Page 1 of 1
skipping brekky q's
30 Jul 2013, 12:03
Hi,
Just curious, I do love breakfast type food, also thinking should I delve into occasionally skipping it, if I've had a too indulgent day before.

For those who wait till midday or 11am, would you then have breakfast type food then but at midday or just launch into lunch type foods.

Only thing stopping me from doing 16/8 is missing my muesli, berries and yogurt.

Could have them at lunch time, couldn't I? :smile:

Thanks for reading
Re: skipping brekky q's
30 Jul 2013, 12:08
Have them for lunch, why not.

I take the tack to eat instinctively might be my yoghurt seeds fruit and nuts one day, eggs spinach and mushrooms another day or cheese tomato on toast if I am unlined or jut coffee if not so hungry

Do what you enjoy to eat
30 Jul 2013, 12:29
Nothing wrong with replacing a lunch meal with a breakfast meal. On normal days have your first meal when you are ready for it, the first meal of the day is always "breakfast" even if it's 1pm. ;)
30 Jul 2013, 16:09
There is a bit of deja vu going on here, is there not? :smile:

Ballerina x :heart:
30 Jul 2013, 16:36
Yep. I have my muesli any time. Recently when it was so hot, I didn't eat on a fast day until dinner and dinner was salad and muesli. :D
31 Jul 2013, 09:44
Ballerina wrote: There is a bit of deja vu going on here, is there not? :smile:

Ballerina x :heart:

Yep, I do it on more than one occasion and I just dont know how to not do it. Double post that is :oops:
Anyone care to let me in on it?
31 Jul 2013, 09:59
I do regular 16:8 and I just do what I fancy. Why should any food be related to a meal except in that things like breakfast and suppers are often lighter to accommodate our needs.

I tend to favour eggs for my first meal as they keep me full and I wont want to be snacking then until my evening meal. Because you have more freedom on 16:8 you have to put a little thought into not going over the the top.

Sometimes I have just a bit of scrambled egg but if I'm hungry I'll make it into something more on the lines of a meal-sized omelette. I might also just have a quick sandwich with a couple of slices of low carb oopsie bread. If you are fancying the yoghurt/berries/seeds type of thing but don't want them midday have them as a dessert after your main meal.
7 posts Page 1 of 1