The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Fasting today and I feel so cold I can't get myself warm no matter what I do! I am at work and hands are like blocks of ice I am having trouble typing.

Also feel really bloated today and I have no idea why. I am having a hungry day, which is unusual for a fast day for me as I am struggling already and it's only 12:30pm here. But m stomache is HUGE and I really don't know why.

No real advice required I guess - just wanted to get it out there!
No real answers Lu Lu, I feel cold and find that hot drinks help a lot. As to the bloating, could it be TOTM, or a carb or salt heavy day yesterday?
No, not TOTM - unless it's coming 2 weeks early now! Had some bread yesterday and I guess I don't eat much of that these days so maybe my body is trying to tell me something! I'll keep an eye on that.

Feeling a bit warmer now after a cup of tea and I've put my scarf on and having a warm neck seems to make a heck of a difference!
:heart: I do sympathise with you @Lu Lu Because the cold symptom I never had before and its so bad my hands become painfully cold when I go out.
around the house I now wear a gilet because when my back is warm I feel better and a cuppa soup or oxo to
drink does help.
The bloating I would say is carb related because that's the symptom I got last week on my "refeeding" week and actually only managed 4 days. :heart:
Hi Lu Lu, I'm sorry you're feeling so cold today. Is it possible to wear fingerless gloves and/or anklewarmers at work? Helps me so much when I'm feeling chilly at home.

The scarf is a good idea to keep the neck warm as are Turtleneck tops. I remember that in winter my dad always turned up the back of the collar on his shirts--not trying to be preppy in his 70's way back then!
Hi @Lulu,
I just started this woe this week. Both my fast days I felt really cold too. I was wearing a coat, hat and blankets in the house! I posted about it and couple of replies agreed they felt the same. Have a look at these threads. Several mention the cold here too: http://www.fastday.com/benefits-side-effects-f28/negative-side-effects-t93.html and http://www.fastday.com/benefits-side-effects-f28/topic1227.html Must just be a side affect. Sometimes I feel cold if my iron levels are low, but I take daily supplements now. Cant give any advice on the bloating. :?:
6 posts Page 1 of 1