The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

3 posts Page 1 of 1
So that's why...
25 Jul 2013, 10:48
I've been wondering why I can feel a sudden crash in energy level an hour or so after having what used to be one of my favourite breakfast cereals on a non-fasting day - K's Fruit & Fibre, compared with the days when I have Weetabix with a few sultanas. So I compared the info in the nutrition tables. Good grief. Roughly the same number of calories per 100 gms, similar amount of carbs - 68-69 gms, but the F&F has nearly half of those carbs as sugar whereas the Weetabix has only around 6 gms as sugars. Doh...I should have looked before. :)

Maybe I'll stick with the scrambled eggs I have on the morning after a fast day and have that on the other mornings as well.
Re: So that's why...
25 Jul 2013, 10:59
A high protein breakfast, like a scrambled egg, is always going to give you more long-term energy bang for your calorie buck than any kind of breakfast cereal.
Re: So that's why...
25 Jul 2013, 11:55
ajlr wrote: I've been wondering why I can feel a sudden crash in energy level an hour or so after having what used to be one of my favourite breakfast cereals on a non-fasting day - K's Fruit & Fibre, compared with the days when I have Weetabix with a few sultanas. So I compared the info in the nutrition tables. Good grief. Roughly the same number of calories per 100 gms, similar amount of carbs - 68-69 gms, but the F&F has nearly half of those carbs as sugar whereas the Weetabix has only around 6 gms as sugars. Doh...I should have looked before. :)

Maybe I'll stick with the scrambled eggs I have on the morning after a fast day and have that on the other mornings as well.

tbh I'd stay w away from all these manufactured foods...they are mostly just empty calories.

Have you tried porridge? If it's made hi lots of water it is quite pleasant to scoff and lidl do packs of seeds to give some extra natural protein.
3 posts Page 1 of 1