The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone. I hope this is the correct place for this post.

Sometimes when I fast, my hands feel tingly and I think my heart sometimes skips a beat. I am fasting today (I've gone 18 hours so far) I just checked and my pulse was very low (I assume this is a blood pressure thing???). I think I'm OK--my heart checked out perfect in July when I got a stress test. I'm just wondering if perhaps I am stressing my body out too much going 24 hours without eating.....

Thoughts? Anyone else experience something similar?

Thanks.

Melinda
Melinda, do you ever have a salty drink like bouillon on your fast days? When I feel odd, I find that bouillon seems to set me right. I've read on here that we lose a bit more sodium with fasting since we pee more.
Oh, great idea. I will try that next time! Thank you. You have relieved me.
Yes I do too. Although the other way around - my heart races, yet my blood pressure is normal. I'm still researching but bouillon didn't work for me. I thought it might be potassium since I'm a low carber and potassium is mostly in carbs. I wrote about it on my blog.
I have to say, today's episode scared me so much I stopped my fast immediately and ate and decided to call today a 16/8 day. I had noticed this feeling in previous pasts, but today is the first day I checked my pulse, and that scared me!

I decided to eat and see if the feeling goes away. I'm eating a very decadent (no lie--it's decadent) salad now. I might mention this to my doctor and see what he says.
5 posts Page 1 of 1