The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
starting out
13 Feb 2014, 18:28
starting tomorrow- I have read the book already and many reviews. I am excited but also scared that it wont work. I read that it takes about a month to see true results- would you say its wise to only weight about a month in? im scared that I will gain or not lose and waste the month.
Re: starting out
13 Feb 2014, 18:56
If you follow the 5-2 correctly use your 500 cals on your fast days and don't go stupid on the feast days then of course it will work. have been on it myself now for a month and lost 8 lbs so fr. finding it really easy. God luck
13 Feb 2014, 18:59
Hi and welcome,

Weigh, measure and if you can take some photos. Use the Progress Tracker, and plan what you are going to eat and when tomorrow. It's quite scary to start with, but it does get easier and it does work.

Edit - weighing is a personal preference I weigh once a week after my second fast, and others weigh daily
13 Feb 2014, 19:35
Very best of luck and as others have said it gets easier the longer you stick with it. I don't know how much you have to lose but slow and steady has to be the way to go - and remember all the other health benefits, it's not just about weight loss. I have to confess I was a bit sceptical about whether I could stick with it and whether it would work but..... 5 weeks in and about 2.5 kilos down
14 Feb 2014, 00:33
It's never a waste in this life to give something a go..so suck it and see!
Good luck tomorrow x :clover:
Ps please note the quote in pink below! Very relevant to yr question x
14 Feb 2014, 00:44
There are people here who only weigh monthly. The danger is that you pick a bad day to weigh and the number is discouraging. I think you have to have a bit of a Zen attitude towards weighing, especially on this diet, with it's wild ups and downs. I agree with SianS about measuring. Height to waist ratio is a better indicator of health than weight/BMI. And there may be times when you don't lose weight but do lose inches.

How much you lose in your first month might have a lot to do with what weight you are starting at and whether you're switching from a different diet.

Good luck!
6 posts Page 1 of 1