The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Struggling with feed days
25 Aug 2013, 08:55
Ok, so I feel like fast days are going fine. I sometimes even manage a consecutive day.

BUT

On feed day I either don't feel like eating much at all or I go totally the other way eg yesterday I had a gigantic KFC and 2 bars of chocolate in just an hour!

What is wrong with me???!!!
Re: Struggling with feed days
25 Aug 2013, 09:03
Nothing is wrong with you, it's early days, I know a lot of people who start out like that and then get into a better pattern (myself included). I would say you should just continue, don't over-think things and everything may well work itself out!
25 Aug 2013, 09:06
Hello Vet
You are going through what many of us went through at the beginning! Do not fret! It seems to take a wee bit of time to settle into the rythmn of keeping to the fast and eating sensibly on food days. Then it seems to just happen.
Give yourself a bit of time, don't beat yourself up and it should come all right.
:clover:
25 Aug 2013, 09:14
Thank you for your support. Do you think that I should count calories on feed days after all? What did you guys do?
25 Aug 2013, 09:37
Nope, though lots of people do.

There appears to be phases, a) eat lots and crave lots of junk b) not be that interested or hungry and then eventually c) able to pick and choose easily and not hugely over or under-eat.

It's taken me ages for this to happen whereas I've always found the fast days relatively straight-forward.

I had ham, 2 eggs and chips yesterday, it was lovely. I'm now at a point, if I'm really hungry I'll eat whatever as I'm assuming I need to, not want to so be patient, it all comes good in the end for the majority of people.
25 Aug 2013, 09:40
You are losing weight so probably no need. If you continue to lose then you're eating up to or under your TDEE, even with your current pattern of under and overeating on feed days. If you start gaining then you should pay some attention to how many calories you're taking in, otherwise just relax into it - it works! :smile:
25 Aug 2013, 09:42
I never counted calories on feed days, but I kept a food diary in the beginning.
7 posts Page 1 of 1