The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

10 posts Page 1 of 1
well, up until now, fitting in 2 fasts per week hasn't been a problem. However... with Thanksgiving here on Thursday, and a party on Friday, and my niece's birthday on Saturday... it's just not going to happen. I have to admit, I'm quite bummed about this. I really want to stay on track, and I'm afraid if I slip, I'll keep sliding.

any suggestions?
Do 16/8's this week (that's what I'm doing for the same reason!).

Good luck!
oh good idea. I usually do 16/8s during the week anyway. maybe I'll do it for the weekend as well, just to make sure to stay on target. thanks!
Or do 3 fasts next week if your schedule is less hectic.
Yeah, it is going to be a rough fasting week here. I have already started preparations for the feast on Thursday. The pies and cookie dough that I have been prepping and freezing will have to be baked. Spending Wednesday's fast day baking cookies and pies is a recipe for disaster. Pun intended. Friday's fast will be complicated by the call of the feast leftovers. But, it is what it is. I am going to make an effort, even if it is only half-hearted this week. I believe in the "be gentle with yourself philosophy" and whatever happens can be dealt with on Monday after it's all over and the leftovers have been eaten up. :)
Yeah, it gets a bit tricky at this time of year. Tomorrow is my normal fast day but I have a choir social night at the bowling club. I'm going to miss brekky and lunch as usual and then aim for as low a calorie meal as I can find. I'm thinking roast of the day with minimal gravy. May have to leave some roast potatoes on the plate!
Leftovers straight in the freezer.
mine isn't holiday related, but I have a dinner planned on Thursday (which should be a fast day this week when my MWF turned into SuTTh after a bit day on Sat.) and leave for Tokyo (and wine bars!) on Friday. I think I'll be skipping lunch a few days to try to make up for it.
thanks guys! we can do this.
I'm bumping my Thursday fast up to Wednesday. Also just because you have an event each day doesn't mean you have to eat all three meals. I have company coming but any meal I can nonchalantly miss, I plan to because I have made a decision to really indulge in the desserts for the next few days.

Keep a glass of water in your hands as much as possible...then limited to eating with only one hand:)
10 posts Page 1 of 1