The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

19 posts Page 2 of 2
KataMac wrote: I don't find it onerous MaryAnn, it's a mental head game for me. As soon as I count calories, I start obsessing about food and think about it WAY too much. And then I burn out, pig out and that's it, overeating happens. I do have a pretty good idea of calorie density of food, so probably do it subconsciously to a certain extent, but as soon as I start plugging the food into MyFitnessPal, something switches in my brain.
Oh I get that. Calorie counting doesn't have that effect on me, but weighing does sometimes.
Looking at all of these replies you can see that we are all different.
Check out the delighted/disappointed forum, the fastiversary forum, the before and after forum.
Shows just how people have got to where they are now sharing their methods, downfalls and celebrations.
:clover:
I've been doing 5 2 since June last year and have lost getting on for 26kg (though the tracker doesn't reflect that) and I'm afraid I do count calories on non fast days - PURELY as a guide to what I'm eating; if I ate without any restraints then I'd quickly see weight coming back because I've never had much control around food (though much more now). I envy people who don't worry and still lose but I doubt I would. That said - I don't ever feel like I am 'dieting' - I don't restrict myself and I have days where I go over my TDEE (and I think that's quite healthy now and again) but I just like to know where I am with food. It's NOTHING like WW or Slimming World where I was perpetually starving and looking for the next biscuit but knew I wasn't 'supposed' to have them! Horses for courses, say I!
I've never counted calories on my non-fasting days, and lost 57lbs doing it this way :victory: I'm now back to ADF, to get rid of some maintenance weight creep, and I'm only counting calories on my three down days a week.
19 posts Page 2 of 2