The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

12 posts Page 1 of 1
Super Bowl Sunday
02 Feb 2014, 12:58
Any Americans (or other nationalities!) out there planning to watch the game tonight? How do you plan to deal with the food. I know we should be able to enjoy whatever, but my official weigh in day is tomorrow morning, so I want to try not to mess things up!

Also who are you rooting for?
Re: Super Bowl Sunday
02 Feb 2014, 15:40
Super Bowl is only once a year, so I will be enjoying the BBQ put on by my local bar and kicking back with a few beers. :booze: :beer: :tv: :usa:

I'll be rooting for which ever team will get me my numbers in the pools! ;)

Seattle 6 and Denver 3 for the $750, $1000 and $2000 payouts in one pool and I don't remember the payouts for this pool but my numbers are:

Seattle 2 and Denver 3
Seattle 0 and Denver 9
Seattle 8 and Denver 0
Seattle 4 and Denver 1
:clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover:
02 Feb 2014, 15:51
I'm rooting for Seattle, but won't be devastated if Denver wins. I have friends in both places! I'm going to enjoy some of the snacks, but won't overdo it. I'm going for a walk in a bit too. I won't be drinking either. I'm always jealous that the west coast gets to watch the game in the afternoon!

I ran the pool at school. The payoffs are $25, $50, and $100. Here are my numbers:

Seattle 7 Denver 4
Seattle 6 Denver 4
Seattle 0 Denver 6
Seattle 1 Denver 6
Seattle 4 Denver 9

You've got good numbers for that big pool!
02 Feb 2014, 19:41
Know nothing about it except its on and many in the uk will be staying up to watch!
Hope ypu all have a fab time watching..and as its such a big thing,why not just enjoy any goodies on offer without going OTT.. A few beers etc isnt going to break the bank and you can always postpone yr weigh in xx@cblasz i read big pool as big poo! :lol:
02 Feb 2014, 19:55
Candace, I wasn't thinking how late it would be on over there! Yikes! I won't drink more because I have to work tomorrow than for weight reasons. I could postpone my weigh in, but Monday is my fast day, so I don't feel Tues. will be an accurate reflection of the week. I will have a little bit of the goodies and try not to overdue it! Thanks!
02 Feb 2014, 19:59
Yes go on enjoy yrself!
Isnt it funny how we all have different ways? I ALWAYS weigh in after a fast day..i dont wanna know the harsh truth of what i weigh after a feed day!
Have a fab time today! X
02 Feb 2014, 20:04
Well, I've been weighing on Mondays since forever and before I started 5:2, so I'm just keeping up the habit! I'm sure that as long as you weigh at the same time every week it all evens out! :)
02 Feb 2014, 21:00
My first Superbowl so will be watching. I'm in some kind of office sweep called squares so I might win a couple of hundred dollars if one of my squares comes up
02 Feb 2014, 21:38
Perfect introduction to American life - Superbowl Sunday - lots of food, beer, football, commercials, gambling and the halftime show! Enjoy! :)
03 Feb 2014, 13:37
Whooohoo! I won $200 in the first quarter! :victory: :grin:
03 Feb 2014, 13:45
It wasn't a great Super Bowl this year but the Pizza and Beer was fantabulous ! Now today, it's back to business and I'm fasting away, still in a cheerful sort of way. :)
03 Feb 2014, 13:48
Thats great @Betsysgr8! Congrats on yr win! :like:
Any similar good luck for you@rawkaren :clover: hope so..wd be a nice start for yr SF life x
12 posts Page 1 of 1