The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Yesterday was my first fast since the knee operation last Thursday. I wasn't sure how it would go and decided to take it easy on myself, but I succeeded and it's helping with the post-op inflammation.

I normally just have the one evening meal on a fast day, but I have to take the painkillers with food, so had a pear at breakfast time so I could take my tablets.

I didn't find the day too hard as my appetite has been down a bit since the op anyway (mainly due to the reduced activity level I think). I had a mild headache before bed, but that was it.

I'm reducing the painkillers so hoping that when I get to Thursday's fast, I won't need to have any breakfast at all.

Knee is getting stronger each day. I can now carefully walk up stairs on it supported by the banister, but I can't walk downstairs properly. I'm doing the physiotherapy exercises and mobility is coming back. Not yet ready to walk my sons to school though as we live on a hill, so a neighbour is taking them for me.
Thanks for the update. So glad you are recovering ok. I'm not great with anaesthetics it seems. Took me an extra day to be allowed home. You've down well re the full fasting. Things can only get better now. Take care now. :heart:
Sounds like your recovery is going really well, so pleased for you!
All the best and just take it easy and follow the instructions. You will be up and around in job time.
Great news NMMM!well done on yr fast!
Take your mobility - literally! - in baby steps ..glad youre not climbing that hill yet! Save that for a lot further down the line x
(Ps mm pears, i just fancy one!
Fancying peaches too..fast day today, so they might be on the menu tomoz!)
Glad to hear your doing the right thing by you NMMM!
No_More_Mrs_Michelin wrote: ...
Knee is getting stronger each day. I can now carefully walk up stairs on it supported by the banister, but I can't walk downstairs properly. I'm doing the physiotherapy exercises and mobility is coming back. Not yet ready to walk my sons to school though as we live on a hill, so a neighbour is taking them for me.

Good to hear. Every operation that you wake up from that doesn't include holding a bag of flower seeds and a trowel is a good one.

Since going up is easier than going down stairs, try going down backwards (as if you were going up.)
This is a variation of the solution for what runners call the Marathon Stroll.
8 posts Page 1 of 1