The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

15 posts Page 1 of 1
Sweet or savoury?
20 Aug 2013, 12:58
Slave to sweeties or craving crisps?

Well, I'm all about the crisps! Seriously, I'm insatiable!! Like some kinda wild crisp junkie! I have been known to gorge on Pringles until I can barely see! To buy and consume a family pack of salt and vinegar! And a share bag?? JANIE DOESN'T SHARE CRISPS!!

However since starting 5:2, these ridiculous cravings have totally subsided, which, for me, is wonderful!
:silly:

So, here's my question to all you fabulous fasters...Before starting 5:2, what was the one thing you were dreading, REALLY dreading, having to go cold turkey on? (Hmmmm, cold turkey sounds delicious right now!!) Sweets or savouries? Or do you still indulge now and then? And what is your new favourite snack, without suffering a bout of the "guilts" after?
:heart:
Re: Sweet or savoury?
20 Aug 2013, 13:00
Well I seem to have just jumped into an opened bag of small Italian lemon biscuits and they have somehow all disappeared :0@
20 Aug 2013, 13:07
Don't you just hate it when that kinda thing happens???

One of the world's true mysteries! :shock:
20 Aug 2013, 13:23
Hahaha loved the post Janie!

well for me it has to be those yummy gummy Haribo sweets, oh my I cant have just a few, oh noooooooooooooo and living near, too near, a poundland shop well its just fatal :-)

and yes I somehow me too just seem to fall into it!!
20 Aug 2013, 13:26
Well crisps I have always been able to say No to because if I tasted one the bag would very quickly be empty !! So the treat I dreaded giving up was chocolate so I haven't I have small chocky treat about 3 times per week. The food I've gone to have daily sometimes twice daily is celery!!
So as you can see I'm a mixture of sweet + savoury :clover: Sue
20 Aug 2013, 13:31
Aw yeah Haribo are pretty yum alright! Especially those sour ones, Tangfastics. And you're right, living next to a pound-land or Dealz is hazardous!!

I am enjoying WW Ginger and Lemon cookies with a cuppa coffee, it's my new mini indulgence! Nom nom nom!!

Think I'll have some right now!

But no crisps... :wink:
20 Aug 2013, 13:49
Similarly I love crisps, certainly at work where it's all too easy to eat them at my desk. I haven't cut them out now, but what I have done is swap to the healthier versions. I eat a mix of Walkers Baked and snack-a-jacks.

But the hardest thing for me to resist is chips, especially as I like to eat out, including pub grub fairly often. The added problem them is having the dips that go way them, and the heavenly mix of tomato ketchup and garlic mayo.
20 Aug 2013, 13:53
Heaven help me, that sounds amazing!! Uh oh, there goes the tummy roaring again!! :bugeyes:
20 Aug 2013, 13:53
Heaven help me, that sounds amazing!! Uh oh, there goes the tummy roaring again!! :bugeyes:
20 Aug 2013, 14:08
I dreaded giving up my dark chocolate - so I haven't. BUT, I do eat a LOT less than I used to! I could never eat a whole family bag of chips/crisps, but I know now I would eat 2-3 portions at a time. I've managed to cut back on them - a bit (none on fast days at any rate)!

Since I had never calorie counted, I found it interesting to see what each food cost in calories. I have had the chance to try a lot of different recipes (I do get into a rut), and my brother and son greatly approve!

AND, this forum has been a godsend! :heart:
20 Aug 2013, 15:01
I am a savoury girl too especially cheese, (whispers ; with red wine and maybe a few olives)
20 Aug 2013, 16:28
I love both and I still eat both, just not so often or in such LARGE quantities :shock:

Ballerina x :heart:
20 Aug 2013, 16:53
Crisps for me too, I admit I haven't given them up, just buy lower cal ones. Time was I could put on a film and grab the entire multipack and scoff at least 3 bags. At the moment though all I can think about is strawberries, I've been to 3 separate shops in 2 days and nowhere has any! :confused:
20 Aug 2013, 17:42
There are 3 things that if I'm told to go cold turkey (i.e. if I have some disease or similar) I will probably die.
Smoking, alcohol and chocolate.

I do love crisps though but not all kinds. I'm fan of the hand-cut ones and I have a soft spot for McCoys. It is not something that I eat daily, I never did, but once a week I will enjoy half a bag with a big glass of wine.
20 Aug 2013, 18:05
Savoury treats are my downfall. Twiglets, cheese, nachos etc but crisps are my favourite especially sea salt and balsamic vinegar kettle chips - a BIG bag! Oh man!! :bugeyes: And they all go down nicely with a glass of red!! :grin:
15 posts Page 1 of 1