The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Takeaways
20 Nov 2013, 16:22
Help! Massively struggling with what is 'normal' at the moment. I am currently fasting 2/3 days a week, however on normal eating days the other half and family are always planning meals out or takeaways so to combat this I extend my fast till the dinner - at the moment though this is meaning I am eating 3 times a week (just counting weekdays)of massively unhealthy food so a lot of calories in one hit! Surely this can't be normal? And weekends are generally 'free' so to speak.

How can I still eat takeaways/eat out on this WOE?
Re: Takeaways
20 Nov 2013, 16:33
HAve you thought about making yourself some cauliflower rice to substitute if you are having a takeaway at home
20 Nov 2013, 16:34
I can't think of a takeaway that doesn't involve a huge number of calories. Eating out is less of a problem as there is usually a healthy option
Could you persuade them to eat in more often? it would save you all a fortune apart from anything else
20 Nov 2013, 16:39
As a family we have takeaway on a Saturday night and we do it on a rotational basis. Indian, dominoes, Chinese, and chippy/kebab. I do enjoy a chicken kebab, it's the best takeaway with regards to cals, as it's griddled chicken, pitta bread and salad. Then we have a steak/venison and all the trimmings night. So can you run down to the kebab shop and get that instead.
20 Nov 2013, 16:42
I still like the occasional takeaway but often just leave it to the men of the family and I eat some thing else I've made. If we get fish n chips - I get fish with mushy peas and just pinch a few of their chips!
20 Nov 2013, 17:04
What I do is to save half the takeaway in the fridge to heat up the next day. Great thing about being on the 5:2 for so long, is that it makes you far less hungry on your normal days. Hope this helps!
20 Nov 2013, 17:11
I share a takeawy with hubby or one of my sons. Or I put half in the fridge now. I just handle full size portions any more.
I remember the days when it was 4 poppadoms, with chutneys, a full dinner with rice and naan bread, then sometime a pudding after plus booze. Now, well I have been saying that I'll be happy just eating the poppadoms and chutney.
7 posts Page 1 of 1