The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

5 posts Page 1 of 1
TDEE and activity level
26 Jan 2014, 17:34
I have 2 questions.

1) I'm not sure what to put for my activity level in the tracker. I put light exercise, because as a teacher I'm on my feet all day (although I've been doing it a number of years now and my body has gotten used to it) and I do try to get in at least one 3-4 mile walk a week. Does that seem like the right one?

2) If I use light exercise it gives me a TDEE of close to 2000 calories. I rarely eat that in a day during the week (on weekends I probably do.) Is it bad to eat less than the TDEE? I would assume it would just help with the weight loss, but I was wondering what other people have experienced.

Thank you!
Re: TDEE and activity level
26 Jan 2014, 17:45
Hi:

I suspect your chosen activity level is too high.

You say you rarely eat 2000 cal a day - have you been gaining weight? If so, your TDEE is lower than 2000.

This may help: 5-2-diet-chat-f6/topic6600.html

Good Luck!
26 Jan 2014, 18:01
I haven't gained, except over the holidays. But, if I ate 2000 calories I think I probably would or at least wouldn't lose.
26 Jan 2014, 18:13
I got a fitbit in part to figure out what my TDEE is. It's a pedometer with some great additional software and a smartphone app. You input your height, weight, age, gender and all of that fun stuff and it tracks your activity levels for you and calculates your TDEE. There's a food tracker if you want to get completely OCD. I was surprised that (a) my TDEE is higher than I imagined, but (b) I eat more than I realized once I actually track my food.
27 Jan 2014, 12:04
I use MyFitnessPal and I feel that works well. I don't keep track every day, but I've tracked it a few times just to get an idea and I really do eat around 1500 calories during the week (non-fast days) and I felt like I splurged yesterday, but I just tracked those calories and it came out to 1600! I'm just wondering if anyone has had a problem with not eating enough?
5 posts Page 1 of 1