The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

10 posts Page 1 of 1
TDEE
05 Feb 2014, 11:59
Bit confused re TREE. I have lost 13lbs on 5:2 which for me is fab if not a flamin miracle ! Anyway according to my TDEE on here it is 1880 cals on feed days whilst on MFP its 1220! That's quite a difference don't you think? I only have the last 7lbs to lose which doesn't seem to be happening i think i have reached a plateau which is so frustrating. thoughts please on which tdt should be following. Thanks
Re: TDEE
05 Feb 2014, 12:07
Well done on your great loss! Thats very promising isn't it,so keep up the good work to lose your last half stone.
The fact you've lost quite a bit will mean your TDEE will have gone down somewhat...

I too am a bit baffled by my TDEE which is different depending where i look and i wd love some guidance on this.. What i do is take the highest and lowest readings i get,and go for somewhere in the middle of them all..but unsure if this is right or not..
losing weight and so are you,so guess we must be doing something right! X
05 Feb 2014, 12:22
MFP builds in a calorie deficit -- it doesn't show your true TDEE

To figure out how much of a deficit they are adding into your plan, you need to click on "goals" and it will show you.
05 Feb 2014, 12:34
Are you telling MFP that you don't want to lose weight? TDEE is the same as maintenance (more or less)
05 Feb 2014, 12:52
Good point Melanie! I forgot to add that in between 2 fast n repair days, i eat below TDEE for 4 days and to TDEE or a bit over for one day a week...my prob is am unsure what my correct TDEE is as i get different readings on different trackers even tho i put same stats into each ..
All i can think of to do is to work out an average from the differing amounts x
05 Feb 2014, 12:54
my TDEE on this site is lower than MFP. This one gives me about 1640 and MFP gives me 1750 so I'm going with the higher one! Check your MFP goals and say you want to maintain.
05 Feb 2014, 12:56
Just be careful - if you stick to the higher TDEE and don't lose, you know which one is wrong ;-)
05 Feb 2014, 13:15
There are multiple equations out there and they are all just estimates based on things like current weight, height, and age. I don't know which equation MFP uses. The progress tracker uses Mifflin-StJeor.
05 Feb 2014, 13:19
Also MFP will add on to the to the daily allowence any calories lost in excerise that you log so bare that in mind too.
05 Feb 2014, 13:26
Generally your TDEE is what you need to eat daily, as a estimate based on age weight height and sex for you to maintain. The TDEE on this site is based on that maintenance level. So when you throw in 2 days fasting to this maintenance level you are creating a calorie deficit.

Other websites that you input data for weight loss will adjust your TDEE to make a daily calorie deficit that adds up to 3,500 a week or more, depending on your stated goals.
10 posts Page 1 of 1