The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

10 posts Page 1 of 1
Testing the theory this week.
05 Oct 2013, 10:43
Hi Folks,

Have been doing this for a couple of weeks now and the results have been impressive. Lost about 5lbs and back into my 32" jeans this morning which is a first for a while. BMI back in the green. Still 10lbs to go to target weight.

My fast days this week were Monday and Wednesday which were fine and getting easier each time. This week though from Thursday is where the test will start. I'm pretty sure I'm going to eat my full 2400 allowance Thu,Fri,Sat.

Thursday was chinese takeaway which was great.
Friday was a reasonably healthy dinner but a few drinks down the pub after it.
Today I had to boiled eggs and toast for breakfast - 500 calories with the butter. The rest I'm saving for a meal out tonight with family and probably a couple of drinks!! :grin:

I'm wondering if I should make Sunday a fast day instead of Monday as nothing planned and it would probably give the system a well earned rest :?:

Anyway we will see if the weigh in on Tuesday is still going in the right direction after this weekend. If it is I'm on this for life !!!!
Hi marco and Welcome :like:
Well done you're off to a good start fantastic :like:
Weekend are times for most of us all to indulge so enjoy :victory:
Good Luck with the scales next week :clover: Sue. :clover:
Thanks Sue - Your stats are fantastic, well done - real inspiration to keep this going longer term.
Hallo Marco, welcome to the club. In case you want to have an idea of what 'the theory' would predict for your future weight loss, have a look here: resources-links-f3/estimate-your-weight-loss-t8543.html

Pieter-Jan
HI Marco. Welcome to the forum. Good luck with your indulging this weekend :like:
Well done Marco and welcome to the forum.
I normally find that after a few days of eating "normally" I'm really looking forward to my fast day. So after your (what sounds like) great Th, Fri and Sat you will really feel like fasting on Sun.
:clover: Good luck with next weeks weigh in, I'm sure it will be good if you stick to 600cals on f/days. Let us know how you get on :)
Dee
Welcome Marco, If a weekend fast isn't going to spoil anything, then go for it. This way of eating (WOE) fits in with your life. Not the other way around that 'traditional' dieting does. Where you have to fit life around the diet, the diet controlling you. Here YOU are in charge.

Most of us have felt at one time or another that an extra fast or an early fast is needed as we feel 'clogged up', heavy or bloated and we know that a fast will sort it.

Do what you feel is needed for your situation, the adaptability of the WOE is one of the reasons so many of us long term and lots of weight dieters still to it so long, it is very sustainable. It is so much better in the long term to have gradual weight loss over an extended amount of time, than have a massive loss initially on a very restrictive diet, then find after only a month or two that you give up totally because you can't keep up the restrictions.
Thanks Folks - What a great bunch of people.

The flexibility of 5:2 is what appeals and that it looks sustainable. Over the last few years my weight has went up to 13.5 stone every year when I have hit the panic button on each occasion and dropped it down to 12 stone with a very restrictive diet and loads of exercise. Then the whole process repeats again.

I was half way through it this year when I found this and found it great. Being able to eat normally and get the benefit from a diet sounds pretty close to the holy grail. Thats before you even get into to all the health benefits. I've actually suffered bouts of depression for years which I'm not afraid to admit anymore and can see this is a strong positive going by experience. :grin:
Hi again marco Well as you said this WOL is completely sustainable
That's the reason every member on here has been so successful in there own way, for me starting with a BMI over 44 and totally depressed earlier this year, sent for the book an started the next day Obviously my weight was the first thing that mattered to me and the health benefits came second, but now I tell a different story because I've dropped 3 stone not only very Easy but also Enjoyable I'm well into the health side that this WOL brings with it, on my first fastday I went for a 2 mile walk ( not easy ) I did this on each of my 3 f/days then slowly increasing the distance, my walks got both quicker + longer each walk now being 6 miles x 3 f/days :heart: Brilliant I've also suffered migraines all my adult life and I haven't had one in 6 months, obviously my weight gave me mobility problems OE in hip, knees, + back but at 4 months into this plan I stopped all medication :heart:
I'm sure you can imagine how much happier + healthier I now feel and
I've absolutely no intentions to return to that past life because I'm now a totally new and different person, I sincerely hope you also become a new person and leave your depressed twin behind :clover: Sue. :clover:
Welcome, Marco, you've come to the right place! :smile:

The flexibility of 5:2 is what appeals and that it looks sustainable.

As someone who has been following the IF WOL for the last 19 months, I can tell you it's completely sustainable! (I'm in this for the rest of my life!)

And it is totally flexible!

Today I have had:
Half a (100) bar of Lindt's chilli chocolate (I can generally stop after one or two pieces, but this - for my birthday last week - is wonderful!);
2 bottles of real ale whilst I was cooking on my chiminea;
One whole pizza (was only going to have 3/4) plus a load of curried wedges;
Glass of red wine
And I shall have a pudding in a minute!

No idea what the calorie count is - and I'll eat well again tomorrow.

But, come Monday, I'll have <200 cals over 36 or more hours - and I shall enjoy the day just as much as I've enjoyed today!

If you've got time, take a look at my story - and my blood results after IFing for 12 months!

http://nobreadisanisland.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/intermittent-fasting-my-blood-results.html

Cheers, B&W
10 posts Page 1 of 1