The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

8 posts Page 1 of 1
I do 4:3 so have a lot of fast days up my sleeve but yesterday strangely found myself snacking all day and so hungry. Daily weigher so the results showed as up 700g since previous morning. No biggy i guess as I can sort it out by avoiding such days as much as possible for next few weeks. I know that prior to this WOL i would do the constant snacking thing almost every other day and unwaringly so. This WOL makes you so aware of your eating behaviour which is what is so good about it.

I guess the body occasionally feels the need to control the mind to get more food in but it left me feeling a little unwell by the evening and took myself to bed early.

Anyway, must not do that again!

Next fast is tomorrow so will just take it easy today with just good food.
You described perfectly my eating the last two days Juliana, I went to a bbq on Tuesday and in front of me was all this food and I just went for it, types of food I have not had in months. Then again yesterday - I just snacked all day, and consequently today I have that 'yuk' feeling that you describe and feeling very bloated.

Today is my fast day and by the feels of it I need it!

And you are right, I mustn't do it again either!

For me a lesson learned I think!

cheers Maggie.
I now call my blow outs instinctively eating to feed my body what it wants. So don't worry if it is only every now and then and try to make my snacking healthy whole foods options avoiding the ready made
This must have started with me with an invitation to an Indian Diwali (Festival of Lights or new year) celebration at a friends place on Monday.

this was just part of the food we had on the evening (75 dishes!) for not that many people! must have got my appetite going or something as I had leftovers lying around.
Wow that is some feast :heart: :heart: and leftovers very tempting Indeed, so put it behind you and no must not repeat
I'm trying very hard to pull back/push away my plate :shock:

Having just returned from an indian buffet meal with friends and all of us have+still are losing weight on different ''plans''We've all come home with that ''YUK'' feeling and probably won't get much sleep tonight, well I didn't stop soon enough did I because I wouldn't feel this way if I had.
So moral of the story is ''must try harder '' me that is :shock:

Christmas is looming and we've all made our pledges
You will get there. Something will click and put you off eating so much you feel like that :)
Mine only came last Friday, but it really has put me off.
It was a lunchtime buffet and I had a large chicken breast with skin, slices of ham, 2 mini pies, a good few tablespoons of potato salad and then a hugeeeee helping of tiramisu washed down with a bottle and a half of beer. And boy did I feel sick/bloated for hours afterwards.
Really don't want to eat like that again if that's how I'm going to feel because it's just not worth it!
Lil :heart:
Sue.Q wrote: Wow that is some feast :heart: :heart: and leftovers very tempting Indeed, so put it behind you and no must not repeat
I'm trying very hard to pull back/push away my plate :shock:

Having just returned from an indian buffet meal with friends and all of us have+still are losing weight on different ''plans''We've all come home with that ''YUK'' feeling and probably won't get much sleep tonight, well I didn't stop soon enough did I because I wouldn't feel this way if I had.
So moral of the story is ''must try harder '' me that is :shock:

Christmas is looming and we've all made our pledges

Sue. I know you love your Indian buffets but what is your fave Indian food? I was born in Leicester and practically raised on Indian food. Can't resist a good matter paneer, methi chicken or any Dahl, or any tandoori dish. Basically anything! :grin:
8 posts Page 1 of 1