The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

7 posts Page 1 of 1
I've tried very hard this week to keep as near as I can to the new calorie intake measurements of 400 and 1650 and I've actually, finally lost! 2 whole pounds! It seems strange that I'm having to virtually force myself to find the extra calories on feed days as I was struggling to even hit the 1200 of before but find them I did.

I'm hoping that making the body work harder between the two different types of day is what I was lacking and I can carry on this week! :grin:
Well done Milly! That's great news! It really works. I've lost 23 KGS in 20 months. Not fast but what if I hadn't found this WOE? I'd be even bigger than 104 KGS. Keep on going.xxx
Well done. I believe that there is a fasting method out there for everyone. Just takes some people longer to find "theirs"
Good luck.
Thank you ladies. I hope I've found it!! It's only week one of the revamp!! lol

I have my head in a different place to the beginning of the year now though and this restart is behind me. Keep looking forward!
Oh I'm so pleased for you @Milly107. All your hard work is really paying off now. Well done!
Bean :heart:
Milly107 wrote: It seems strange that I'm having to virtually force myself to find the extra calories on feed days as I was struggling to even hit the 1200 of before but find them I did.

I know there's a division of opinion on this point but I often see people say that they can't eat their full Up Day allowance (for JUDDD ADFers) and is it OK to eat a lot less. By and large, veteran fasters on other forums advise that people should eat as much of the UD allowance as possible and not aim for long-term reduced calories on the non-fast days as this seems to be associated with reduced metabolic flexibility.

It would be really helpful to have some idea of how many people have been helped by eating to the notional TDEE, not reduced calories on their UDs at particular points on their weight change journey. Much must depend on the variability of TDEE between individuals and how responsive someone's metabolic rate/output is to calorie intake. E.g. Suppversity's discussion of a recent calorie shifting study: http://suppversity.blogspot.co.uk/2014/ ... x-fat.html
It's one non-blinded/non-controlled study - and what is needed is enough high-quality, long-term assessments to yield enough useful data to allow a sound systematic review - but it's of some interest as it is elaboration and some confirmation of the previous paper by these authors.
Yes, it would interesting to see if others have similar probs and affects. Not sure how it could be done though.
7 posts Page 1 of 1