The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

7 posts Page 1 of 1
There has been a much longer tongue in cheek thread about the disadvantages to 5:2, but I can't find it so I'm starting a new one because i don't think anyone else has talked about the problem I found today.

Now I know that as an 'older' woman, its going to be much harder to lose the excess skin as my weight drops, especially as I am going to have so much of it to lose.

But bloomin eck! I had to stretch the wrinkles out of my armpits when shaving today!
Yes, this loose skin is troublesome. I've been using the coconut "cream" I made from one of the posts here to help with the irritation. Hopeful some of the skin will tighten up, but in the end, clothes cover it up. So it's better to have loose skin than unhealthy bulk...IMO
I'm pretty sad about how bad I look out of clothes. I'm hoping the weight training tones things up a bit, but I'm not sure if it will help the loose skin much.
@Julieathome I hope you didn't think I was laughing at you in my last post... I just love the phrase 'bloomin eck'!

Good luck team. try not to hate it too much - think of it as war wounds :)
Is hair loss a part of it, I am now taking every hair tonic known to womankind and my hair seems to feel healthier also re feeding for a week but I have never had hair loss before. Seeing doc tomorrow but might have arrested the process I hope

I find going to the gym is helping to tone up my body skin and must be getting used to being a bit more wrinkly in my face and today just happened to be out in my gym gear (not usual) and was called skinny.
I am with Golinda on this one, I'd rather have a slim body with wrinkles that no one else sees than be overweight for all the world to see, and yes Kelkelkeister they certainly are battle scars and in a perverted sort way I am ALMOST, but not quite, proud of my wrinkly, slim body :lol:

Ballerina x :heart:
7 posts Page 1 of 1