The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

7 posts Page 1 of 1
The last few lb to shift?
18 Sep 2013, 08:32
Morning all,
Hope everyone is well.

I am on the search for advice on shifting those last few pesky pounds.
I have 3 to go to hit my goal.
I have reverted back to 5:2 this week after ADF past 2 weeks partly as its taking over my life which isn't what I was looking for and partly because I seemed to lose my healthy eating mentality as I was feeling too restricted. Also didnt lose any more weight....
I'm still in it for health benefits and will switch to 6:1 for maintenance once these last few points are off.
Any advice on these last few?
I'm doing 5:2, I'm
Adding in a 16:8 today on my non fast day and I could probably make that two 16:8 this week.
Has anyone had any success or findings on how to get rid of the stubborn last pounds?

Thanks all x
Re: The last few lb to shift?
18 Sep 2013, 13:32
Hi Amy :heart:
You deserve a few answers so I'm booting your post really. Lol
was going to suggest 4:3 so No to that
was going to suggest 16:8 for a couple of days on top of 5:2. so no again
Don't know if cutting your carbs for a few weeks alongside 5:2
When I thought I'd hit plateau few weeks ago I did my next week of 3 fasts just as if they were my first ( the careful ones) I also cut out carbs on my fastdays and reduced on other days and one or both kickstarted my body into losing again, hope someone pops in to give you better advice and Good Luck with the last few lbs :clover: Sue. :clover:
18 Sep 2013, 17:11
Thank you sue for your reply.
I did 4:3/ADF but surprisingly didnt lose extra weight... Actually sts.
I did 16:8 today and had low cal lunch then will have meal tonight.
I think I'm going to cut carbs down a bit too. I don't really eat pasta bread or potato so it will just be things like porridge or wraps?
As I'm out the house 5am-8pm
Daily it's hard to get in regular gym time so I exercise but not 3-4 times a week. Weekend is when I get more than 6 hours sleep a night! :-)

Thanks again sue.
Hope to hear of anyone else's tricks x
18 Sep 2013, 17:38
Amy, if you are feeling too restricted and a bit burnt out on IF and you only have 3 lbs to go, why not take a break and try 6:1 now? Hopefully you will not re-gain and you may well continue to lose (I did). Eat healthy, but don't let fasting days take over your life and make you hate the process when you are so close to goal (goals are usually kind of arbitrary, after all). Maybe this is a case of trying too hard and over-thinking it. Good luck, whatever you do.
18 Sep 2013, 21:08
Hi MCC,
I didn't have masses to lose anyway just under a stone but this woe has given me so much more. I am actually making healthy and sensible choices not my old all or nothing approach.
Certainly feel re educated and I've realised this week that it comes with 5:2 not ADF.
I don't feel restricted on 5:2 as this is working without taking over.
As for weightloss on 5:2 hopefully with a mix of 16:8 on normal days x lowering carbs it will help.
However Im beginning to feel confident enough to go 6:1 without thinking il put it back on. Maybe I'm being naieve??? I agree I think I've defo over thought the whole thing in past few weeks x 5:2 is a woe that is defo long term and I can relax x stop over thinking it. :-)
18 Sep 2013, 21:25
Weird how illusive the down hill run can turn, I like the chill out, relax and WOL thoughts. Do what you can and I bet you won't wack the weight on. 5:2 & 16:8 go well together and with a couple of good healthy feed days too like the weekend splurge. Try for the good sleep too.

Whatever you decide all the best Amy
19 Sep 2013, 02:14
After 3 months of 5:2 (March through May) I felt re-educated, too. I kept losing with 6:1 and I also didn't have much to lose--I only meant to lose 10 lbs or so to make my wardrobe comfortable again. Now, 22 lbs down, I haven't fasted in 2 months. So stay confident; it's likely your appetite is more in tune with what you really need now. I think my carb intake is lowered significantly from my past habits, too, which was probably the trick. It seems like you have all the tools you need under your belt; the last few will come off eventually and I don't think you are being naive to think maintenance will be a breeze!
7 posts Page 1 of 1