The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

22 posts Page 2 of 2
Hee hee that is funny Pinchypops...after all that!

:grin: :grin: :grin:

Step away from the diet...

:shock:
This thread is what I LOVE about this forum! You all have made my day!
Punchy pops forever in my mind are your inspiring photos the incredible transformation you made of yourself and I recall you walked heaps with your parents dog. I also remember different joggers.

You made me laughter too with the 'sod it' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We have the tools here, you will find your particular groove. Best of luck
Hi Pinchy, I'm so glad you've made that decision. You and others might also want to know that grapefruit reacts badly with many prescription and over-the-counter meds.

You can Google it; but here's what the US Food and Drug Administration says:
http://www.fda.gov/forconsumers/consume ... 292276.htm

Good luck--slow and steady does the trick :clover: :clover: :heart: :heart:
These faddy starvation diets cause instant, very short term weight loss because a) they lower the amount of food in your gut, and b) they cause you to lose water weight associated with stored glycogen and, often, electrolyte imbalances. If you aren't eating enough protein, you also lose muscle, which sounds like no big deal until you learn that includes bits of heart muscle.

And when you are done, you have usually have set off all the brain's alarm signals which scream, "I'm starving to death" and cause you to eat more over the next few weeks.

It's rather like losing weight through getting Norovirus.
@peebles that sounds scary especially the heart muscle. Am off to google norovirus
I think pretty much ALL of us have had those wobbles, tried something extreme and either become ill, failed to complete it or gained it all straight back. For me it was the Carol Vorderman diet that convinced me never to try a really restrictive diet ever again. I spent a fortune on supplements, stuck with it for a few weeks and became very unwell. All the weight that I lost went back on within a month and worse still, I found it screwed my metabolism up good and proper. I really struggled to lose weight for a long time afterwards.

Good for you for coming to your senses before you even started. I think sometimes just the act of writing it out and looking at it in black and white can focus the mind. You did make me laugh with your second post though :lol: :grin:
22 posts Page 2 of 2