The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

19 posts Page 2 of 2
Victoriac21 wrote: ... Starting fast again today and feeling like a failure and worried i cant pull it back..i want it to work so much! I have 4stone to lose.

Do not despair! I have done a lot worse and I got back on track, and so can you.

I started last August, dropped between 2 and 4 pounds every week until it all came to a crashing halt in November. No loss for 4 weeks... Sheer discouragement and I stopped trying.

In January, I decided to start again, having regained half the weight I had lost since August.
As of today, I have lost 10kg (22 lbs) on my August weight.

I still want to lose 14kg (30 lbs) to be comfortable, and ideally another 10kg (22 lbs) after that if I can.

Take it one day at a time. Know your triggers and if you do give in to temptation, tomorrow is another chance to start again...
Just a quick update for you all, after you helped me not feel quilty and get back on it!

Took all of your advice and did 5:2 this week...was much more manageable, sunday roast instead of a fast was a much better end to the weekend than my previous sunday fasts which were always awful!

On the scales this morning and hv lost 2lbs even tho thats me weighin in after 3 non stop feasting days....and i mean feasting, indian takeaway with firends, nibbles, bottle of wine, sunday roast, cake etc...

Think 5:2 is the way for me just now....also planning on starting a 6 week plan to get me into running!!

Good luck to all for another week on 5:2!!

Victoria x
Hi Victoria, so glad you put this on here. I have had a bad week with feeling rough and going away to my sister's and have sort of dropped off the 5:2 plan. I thought I had put on about 3 or 4 lbs but stood on the scales this morning and the damage is not as bad as I thought and it is only 1lb.

I am back on the plan again tomorrow morning. It really is great to see all the supportive posts on here and knowing that it was just a bad week and nothing to get steamed up over.

Angela x
Hi Victoria, so glad you have stuck with it and carried on, I think almost all of us on here know how heartbreaking it is to not lose weight when you feel you are really denying yourself, but that is the beauty of the 5.2 way of life, denial is only ever this side of bedtime! I don't ever weigh myself as I find it too stressful so I measure my waist instead and so far I've lost 7 inches which I assume equates to somewhere over one stone. I made an absolute pig of myself yesterday on chocolate and am actually looking forward to a fast today so keep up the great work, Ballerina x
19 posts Page 2 of 2