The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

11 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi
i seem to have my side effect of tired and headaches on the day after a fast
on the Fast day itself i am fine, drink plenty (as usual) and yet the day after i am tired and headachey even tho i am still drinking lots and have had breakfast
does anyone else get this? its only my second fast so far so am hoping it may adjust as i get used to it

jeniben
Oh yes, but tired and headaches on fast day, not day after. It's taken me quite some time to work out what was going wrong - tried lots of suggestions (I've been on 5:2 since November) - the lightbulb has finally turned on in my head and I think it's been caffine withdrawal (even though I only have 3 cups of tea at most a day, and no coffee). Anyway since this lightbulb moment I'm now slowly converting to decaf tea (can't taste the difference to be honest) and it seems to be working :lol: Lots of info on this site about headaches, so have a look around there's lots of tips and people are so helpful with suggestions/ideas. Good luck
Hi Jen, I've been feeling awful today, tired and headachy just like you. Yesterday was my second fast day and I felt great then. I can only assume it's our bodies adapting and will pass. I certainly made sure to keep my caffeine levels up as well as lots of water. Hope you feel better soon.
Thanks Sarah
hope you are feeling better soon too
Hi jeniben and Sarahmania. :)

I used to wake with a headache the morning after a fast day. Used to be bad enough for painkillers, but not bad enough to stop me doing anything I wanted to do.

After a couple of weeks they started to get better, and now I don't get them at all, so I guess it was just my body adjusting to the new fasting regime.

Hope you both find that it works that way for you too.
thanks Jemiima

i hope it is just my body adjusting - i can live with the headaches for a few weeks to get the other benefits
jeni
Hope you both work those headaches out, such a common thing, but so debilitating. Keep us informed how it's going
Hopefully they will improve :)

I get migraines fairly often with the fluctuations in my cycle (very much hormone related) but I have also noticed an increase in headaches since starting 5:2. So far I have had one by the time evening comes around everyday this week. I am drinking plenty. Last night I had a bad one (not a fast day) but it went after I ate my evening meal. I suspect it is just part of my body getting used to the new regime.
Hello

Today is the day after my first fast day and I feel terribly tired and lethargic! No headaches mind you, but heavy lead like legs and finding everything an effort! I assume it is my body adjusting to the new regime, but I am drinking a lot in case I am just really dehydrated and of course the weather is a scorcher right now which is not helping on the dehydration front!
hey sugarjunkie
keep hydrated especialy on fast days and hot days
my headaches and lethargy disappeared after a couple of weeks i think - i dont get them at all now and havent for months
Good luck and i hope your body adapts soon - this is soo flexible

jeniben
Suchard007 wrote: Oh yes, but tired and headaches on fast day, not day after. It's taken me quite some time to work out what was going wrong - tried lots of suggestions (I've been on 5:2 since November) - the lightbulb has finally turned on in my head and I think it's been caffine withdrawal (even though I only have 3 cups of tea at most a day, and no coffee). Anyway since this lightbulb moment I'm now slowly converting to decaf tea (can't taste the difference to be honest) and it seems to be working :lol: Lots of info on this site about headaches, so have a look around there's lots of tips and people are so helpful with suggestions/ideas. Good luck

I had headaches after my first few fasts but found that upping my water intake made such a big difference. The quote about decaf makes sense to me. I went onto decaf about a year ago as I found normal tea gave me a tea bloated belly. Caffeine affects people in different ways. If I visit friends and drink normal tea, the uncomfortable belly feeling comes back and sometimes I get headache as well. X
11 posts Page 1 of 1