The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi, ive just recently started the 5:2 diet and after a week of doing well and having my 2 500calorie days ive probably gone and ruined it by eating sooo much and i mean so much, honestly think ive ate around 3800 calories today if not more. See thats my problem, i do so well and then have the urge to what i call "binge" eat so i would like to know firstly will i have ruined my diet off this one day or because ive ate so well the rest of the week and only consumed 11000 all week, will i still manage to lose weight? Secondly im doing the 5:2 diet eating 500 calories 2 days a week and eat eating roughly between 1200-1650 the other 5 days, my job is waitress and cleaner in a hotel therefore im rather active during the day and also find time to go on the excercise bike for 20 mins a couple of times a week and often go walking, from your own experience on the 5:2 diet how long will it take me to lose 1 stone? I roughly want to lose 1 stone and maybe just a few pounds after that and i have 17 weeks until my holiday when id like to have achieved this goal, just wondered how long on average you think thisll take me. Thankyou for taking time to read this, your advice and help will be greatly apprechiated.
Take a few minutes to look at the short FAQ's then follow the link to the TDEE - total daily energy expenditure. This give you the number of calories you need to maintain. So an average is about 2000. Which is 14,000 per week. A pound of weight is 3500 calories. So the 5:2 gives you 500 cal on 2 days, a reduction of 3000 calories per week. Which means that you can hopes to lose about a pound a week all things being equal.

Hope that makes sense. Many people fast on a Monday and Thursday and go under their TDEE on Tues and Wed to allow indulgences at the weekend. It is the weekly average that counts.
2 posts Page 1 of 1