The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Naughty Treats
23 Feb 2013, 11:11
Hi, I've just found a down side to this way of eating. I had to pop out to the supermarket and whilst I was there thought I would buy myself something nice to eat. I was looking at the doughnuts and Danish when I realised I could eat these any time I wanted, and so I didn't want to eat any of them. They always tasted better when they were "naughty treats". Now I know how that woman on the maltesers add felt. ;)
Re: Naughty Treats
23 Feb 2013, 11:27
Totally agree Riel, I had the same experience in a supermarket recently, walked around the whole shop and couldn't find one thing that I really fancied. Before I started 5:2 I wanted to buy everything !! quite liberating.
23 Feb 2013, 11:32
This is my thing about "being good" or "naughty", it makes the bad stuff more alluring, so I don't view it like this now. It's something I want or it isn't, no drama. Taken a few years to get to this point though.
23 Feb 2013, 12:01
totally know where your coming from , i've been calorie counting since 1st jan and saturday is always my treat day where i would have a blow out and eat anything and everything i had been craving but i started 5:2 on monday and have lost 3lb this week even though i went on a work team day on weds and had 'all you can eat pizza' , today i dont feel like having all my usual junk so something has changed in my head.
4 posts Page 1 of 1