The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

9 posts Page 1 of 1
I've just started the 5:2 diet, I'm 22 and have a 3 year old daughter. Is any one else a younger or even older mummy with a toddler/pre schooler? I'm just wondering if anyone struggled with fitting in fast days around the children, my little girl noticed yesterday mummy didn't have breakfast and not much tea and I keep getting 'why mummy!! I'm thinking of making nursery days my fast days as so she doesn't start copying mummy by not eating. Any one else had the same or any tips on making fasting around a hungry 3 year old easier? 'mummy can I have a biscuit' is going to haunt me all day lol xx
Hiya :) I am an older Mummy with 1 at school and 1 at Uni! But my youngest has been trying to feed me today and also asked why I wouldn't have some grapes with her, so I decided not to fast today will wait until my next night shift. Like you I don't want her focusing on what I am or am not eating :)
Sounds like a good idea to do it when it is a nursery day :)
Thanks for the reply :) yeah I decided to go with a nursery day so I fasted yesterday and she was none the wiser, when she asked why I didn't have any tea I just said I was having it after my shower and she went off to play without the 'why why why' questions. Have decided on Thursday for my next fast as she sleeps over at her dad's on a weds night and doesn't get back till 5.30ish thurs eve so will not be about xx
Oh that sounds like a good idea :) Not easy when they are so inquisitive about everything.Wait until she starts reading FB over your shoulder :O
I'm also an old Mummy with one 3 yr old and one 18 yr old.
I fast on a Monday as I'm at work then and Holly eats all her meals at pre-school so she doesn't notice I'm not eating much.

I'm with her on a Thursday (my other fast day) but I eat 3 really small meals to make up my allowence so she doesn't really notice.

18 yr old thinks we're mad :D
Oh she pretends to be on 'bookface' on her pretend phone already, she's only 3!!!
ha ha love it, I have gone on twice this week to find 'I' have been playing Disney girl and mafia wars; so am having to make sure I log out!
Haha yeah I have to logout on my tablet now or in end up with a status of numbers and letters lol x
9 posts Page 1 of 1