The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Fast Virgin! - first day today
25 Feb 2013, 12:51
Hi, i'm Tracy and i'm an IT Trainer. I'm fasting for the first time. Everyone is eating lunch around me and i'm feeling hungry now. :roll: I'm doing OK though!
Well done :) Remember, Sugar free jelly or a stock-cube in hot water are lifesavers if it all gets too much!
good luck - are you not having any lunch at all? I had a cup a soup - Im not sure it was worth bothering with lol - Im sure a mint tea would have filled me up just as much. Not brave enough to go without lunch totally yet.
When your stomach feels a bit empty just let the feeling remind you that you are getting healthier and slimmer. If I get a little hunger pang I do that (and guzzle some water) and it makes me feel a lot happier. I am fasting today too. I am going to wait until this evening and have a substantial meal then (500 cals or lower). Good luck and I bet you will be surprised by how easy you find it! :-)
Thanks for your lovely comments and it really hasn't been as bad as I thought. Is having a spoonful of Bovril in a cup of boiling water ruining the fasting effect? I did have that at lunchtime and wondered if it has any effect at all?
No, that's fine. You can have your 400-500 cals whenever and however you want over the course of the day. I like to have one meal in the evening but sometimes I'll have soup earlier in the day too. Whatever works for you.
6 posts Page 1 of 1