The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

3 posts Page 1 of 1
DO NOT believe my eyes!!!!
25 Feb 2013, 15:28
Ok, so i started the 5:2 diet last week and successfully completed my 2 days of fasting, however, my FEASTING was indeed feasting. On 2 of my 3 days i was healthy but yet on the other 3 i ate wayyyy more than i ever would and yet to my amazement the scales say ive lost 2lb...how can this be? Because i seriously know that on my 3 feast days i would eat more than 2000 cals. Dont get me wrong 2lb is fantastic but i seriously dont believe its correct. Hmm heres to another week and this time i will be healthy!
Re: DO NOT believe my eyes!!!!
25 Feb 2013, 16:18
Well done! I've had some of my most surprising losses on weeks where I swore I'd gain or maintain!

I'm sure some other folks here can try to explain it in sciencey terms :)
Re: DO NOT believe my eyes!!!!
25 Feb 2013, 22:42
Me too. I had such a bad week a couple of weeks ago so I recorded in in MyFitnessPal and was well over 2500 calories over for the week and still lost some weight. In fact whilst I probably could have lost weight quicker in the six weeks I've been doing 5:2 if eat healthier on feast days, I've been plotting a downward trend in weight irrespective of what I eat and drink on feast days. I've lost about 3.5kg in that time, gone down 2 belt buckles and have been sleeping a lot better now. I think the key thing is to stick at it over time, even if you have bad weeks.
3 posts Page 1 of 1