The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

3 posts Page 1 of 1
I was wondering how other women had experienced fasting coming up to their TOTM?

I started my (would have been 3rd) fast last week about 3 days before I was due on. I've had no problems with fasting on other times but this day I could not manage at all - was hungry from the get go and finally gave in to it by lunch time. I am aware that I usually need to eat more in the few days before (and do so without adding weight) - but wondered if others have had the same experience?

In the end I just gave up for the week and have started again today - once again no problems with it at all! Almost to the extent that I feel like I was making it up last week :lol:
Not sure if exactly the same but I have TOTM this week - started yesterday and in some regards I find it better fasting when I have TOTM as I can suffer quite bad cramps at this time and it appears that eating very lightly helps to alleviate this.

Though today is a fast day and I am starving at the moment lol!

I have lunch and dinner on my fast days - do you wait until evening? What were you giving into? Mostly though I would say to listen to your body and if you really can't manage don't beat yourself up..........or try by just giving yourself a little more calories on fast days and see how that works for you. Maybe you need to do it differently at this time of the month. maybe not have fast days too close to your TOTM starting?

It might not even be your TOTM - it could just be coincidence!
I tend to find myself more cold and hungry when I'm due on but am such a stubborn mare I just keep going. Definitely harder than usual though!
3 posts Page 1 of 1