The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

11 posts Page 1 of 1
fine tuning helps
25 Feb 2013, 17:39
Having a better third fast today, two coffees and a 700 calorie exercise bike ride :D

The trouble I had on my first two days was eating during the day which switched my stomach on and made me very hungry by this time of day, leading to eating 1200-1300 calories overall.

Today even drinking a pint of water early felt like its was making more space that maybe could be filled but the feeling went away.

Basically I see this diet having the benefits of a natural gastric band op twice a week.
Think the majority of 5:2 people having success will head towards just an evening meal to stop switching the stomach on early and then have enough food in one go to feel properly full which then powers the way towards the morning 36 hours from the start.

Will find out in the next couple of hours if I turn into a food eating machine for the evening. :roll:

well the update is fail again, did not know there was so many calories in two jacket potatoes with butter until till I tryed my new app fitnesspal which tells me 470grms=940calores! which when added to beef Casarole 438 cals plus 300 bread and a packet of monster munch = 109 = 1900+ - exercise = 500 cals over what I wanted! my app says I have a net of 1310 so on the plus side I live to fight another day and still lose about third of a pound :shock:
Re: fine tuning helps
25 Feb 2013, 18:36
It is hard getting the eating time just right isn't it. 3 am is my time of feeling like I really have to have something, I try to stick to drinks only but did have a salad yesterday afternoon (working night shift)and I was much hungrier overnight than the previous 2 fasts. So I think perhaps I am the type of person that needs to not eat at all. Good luck with tonight!
25 Feb 2013, 18:43
As someone whose overeaten for decades, I didn't even know what hunger felt like. I do now though and just have a drink. I was out with friends today and my tummy was growling away. As it is, I don't complain because when I eat it tastes absolutely wonderful!!!
25 Feb 2013, 18:52
I have to have breakfast, lunch and evening meal. It just feels more normal and feels more like less time between eating. That way I can convince myself that it's just like a normal day with normal meals, just smaller meals. I think I'm too scared to try and leave it all the way till the evening to eat.
25 Feb 2013, 19:00
No harm in trying , the worst that could happen is you will end up eating something! Note to self must put food in its right place, we can be in control.
25 Feb 2013, 19:04
madel09 wrote: It is hard getting the eating time just right isn't it. 3 am is my time of feeling like I really have to have something, I try to stick to drinks only but did have a salad yesterday afternoon (working night shift)and I was much hungrier overnight than the previous 2 fasts. So I think perhaps I am the type of person that needs to not eat at all. Good luck with tonight!

Thanks good luck 2u too just had some rye bread and marmite and going to have a beef casarole, not turned into a monster yet! :twisted:
Hope you have enough energy for work thats why I do it on days off.
25 Feb 2013, 19:09
Monty wrote: As someone whose overeaten for decades, I didn't even know what hunger felt like. I do now though and just have a drink. I was out with friends today and my tummy was growling away. As it is, I don't complain because when I eat it tastes absolutely wonderful!!!

That's the great thing about this 'diet' food tastes great, much better than the reward feeling from overeating.
25 Feb 2013, 19:10
Skykitty wrote: I have to have breakfast, lunch and evening meal. It just feels more normal and feels more like less time between eating. That way I can convince myself that it's just like a normal day with normal meals, just smaller meals. I think I'm too scared to try and leave it all the way till the evening to eat.

I guessing bigger people like me used to eating lots just have to shut down the stomach and people nearer were they need to be or have been on the diet longer can cope better with small ones, my brain just goes were the rest of the food!
25 Feb 2013, 20:11
I'm in the healthy BMI group but still find it much easier to leave all food until the evening. And I still find the time after dinner the hardest - but much easier now since I have been doing this for nearly 6 months.

I'm actually a bit curious if there are any long-term 5:2ers who are eating 3 meals on a fasting day? So many seem to have moved towards a 5:20 format (20 hours no food), just because it feel easier. The most important thing IMO is to keep off those simple carbs (sugars).
25 Feb 2013, 20:34
I have been doing it 6 mths now....I started out with 3 small meals....then just lunch and dinner....but now for the last 3 weeks I have been having 1 meal at night...or a 100 cal snack before the gym about 1600....then meal after gym about 1930....I find one meal far easier...and I can honestly say I don't even get hunger pangs any more...I think the body really gets used to it... :D
25 Feb 2013, 21:33
I think that this is what I need to do. I have a breakfast and then an evening meal but feel so hungry after dinner. I am going for the calories in the evning meal and 20 hours fasting. My weight loss has stopped - goes up a pound then down a pound.
11 posts Page 1 of 1