The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
When I was messing around on Amazon's Kindle Books I came across this -

'The No Breakfast Plan and the Fasting-Cure'

It is free and was written in 1899 by a medical doctor.

I've downloaded it as I thought it was worth a look, especially given that it was written so long ago.
Thanks for this - reading it now. Apparently there is nothing new under the sun!

Pete

PS: Kellogg invented cornflakes about the same time as this doctor was pushing fasting for breakfast, he also believed in only 2 meals a day apparently.
Looks fascinating - not read it yet but I definitely will - curing insanity by fasting - I'm agog!! Thanks very much for this Wildmissus.
Downloaded it, and have been enjoying reading it. It gives a real insight into how things were in the late 1800's.
Thanks for telling us bout it.
That's a great tip off.
Thanks wildmissus, just downloaded it.
Thanks for the tip, wildmissus. I've read several books on fasting in general, some from rather long ago, but I wasn't aware of this one.

I looked around and found that this particular book is in the public domain and can be downloaded in various formats (not just kindle) from the marvelous Project Gutenberg site:

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/27128

It can also be read online (formatted, with images) here:

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/27128
6 posts Page 1 of 1