The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Once a week? Once a month? Or does it depend?

I'm doing once a week at the moment, but that's mainly because I've just started and I'm eager to see how it's going!
I think I'll do it more like once a month once I settle in - or fortnightly - I like to see results! :D
I'm a complete obsessive and weigh and chart the weight every morning; I then average the seven days.

It's been really fascinating to see the variation. I have consistently lost a little over one pound per week but on a day-to-day basis it sometimes seems that I have gained and occasionally have lost 3 pounds in 24 hours !

Looking at the charts, if I weighed myself just once weekly, the trend wouldn't always be so obvious.

Strangely, it's reassuring to weigh daily as I know that whatever the daily weight, on average, it will still be okay.....
I'm with EveS on this one, though I think we're in the minority. My average weekly loss is 1.5lbs but, just like EveS from day to day it goes up and down. Fascinating to see the trend long term - guess it's a gadget on my phone that I just like to watch and it gives me motivation. So, as they say, 'whatever floats your boat' :lol:
As it directly affects my mood and can drive me to the biscuit tin I will stick to weekly. Once settled into the routine I will weigh monthly as this is more about health. I am classed as over weight yet I wear size 10 clothes!
Bobshouse: Overweight at size 10 - I sometimes think these charts are ridiculous - unless you're quite short of course :) I've lost 3st since starting dieting (1st of which since I've been on 5:2) but have only just got from size 18 down to size 16. Really don't understand how I've lost so much weight but only gone down one dress size - seems weird to me and I'm not a particularly 'funny shape'. Hey ho - :lol: (Sorry, slightly off subject there!)
5 posts Page 1 of 1