The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

9 posts Page 1 of 1
New strategy
27 Feb 2013, 21:54
Tomorrow instead of breakfast I intend to drink black coffee at breakfast and lunch and then have my 500 calories in the evening. My last 2 fast days have been a struggle and I think trying a new strategy may help.
Re: New strategy
27 Feb 2013, 22:34
Hi! I agree with you I will try this tomorrow too but will have to have milk in my only coffee of the day in the morning!!
28 Feb 2013, 07:49
I did that yesterday, s/milk in tea, water and then a lovely evening meal at 7PM plus a piece of fruit before bed. Best way for me by far, but have tried other ways too, so the answer is experiment, what works best for one person may not for someone else.
28 Feb 2013, 16:35
I tried different ways to have my 500 calories eg
1. Small breakfast, no lunch and small dinner.
2. No breakfast, small lunch small dinner
3. No breakfast, no lunch and a good dinner. This works best for me. I drink black coffee, peppermint tea or green tea and lots of water till after 7pm when I have a small portion of chicken or fish with lots of vegetables. We're all different and have to experiment to see what suits us and our lifestyles.
28 Feb 2013, 20:33
Just to say my new strategy worked for me. I have had a good dinner and am having a ricecake and bovril for my night time snack. You are right Bee it is good to experiment
28 Feb 2013, 20:38
Find nil food til supper works best for me too. Started with 3 small meals and now easily just have one x
28 Feb 2013, 20:47
An apple in the early afternoon and one at around 5.30pm only takes 140 cals out of your allowance. Black coffee and water keeps me going in between. I've kicked a lot of wee jobs on to fast days at work and at home. so for example, the household chores get done (except food shopping!). I often go and get my haircut on a fast day or have a long hot bath, clean the car etc.

Just keep busy!
01 Mar 2013, 19:57
On my first fast day (4 weeks ago) I tried having a small breakfast and the rest of the calories for supper. The second day I felt more confident that I'd be able to last all day with nothing so saved them all till the evening - that worked better, for me, as I could just avoid any sort of food and didn't have to think about it at regular intervals during the day. But, we're all different. :)
01 Mar 2013, 20:22
This is what I do, and I find it's easier as well.

Bought a treat today at the market - we're each getting a cup of fresh raspberries for dessert! I can't wait
9 posts Page 1 of 1