The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Flexibility and no guilt
01 Mar 2013, 08:52
Those are the two things I love most about this plan. Mondays and Thursdays are my usual fast days but yesterday I just didn't feel like it. I ate normally and this incuded meeting a friend for lunch and enjoying a glass of wine. Then in the afternoon there was cake :D I decided I wasn't going to think "oh, I've failed, I'm supposed to be fasting." And best of all because I enjoyed yesterday and all its treats I am looking forward to fasting today instead. I feel in control. It's a win win plan as far as I'm concerned. I have been doing the 5:2 for one month now and am really settling in to it being a way of life.

So, take heart anyone who is not having a good day - there is always tomorrow :)
Re: Flexibility and no guilt
01 Mar 2013, 10:06
That's why I really think this plan will work for me - love the idea of flexibility! Two fast days so far and I'm feeling great and positive!
01 Mar 2013, 17:12
I completly agree being able to decide today is not the day and feel no guilt makes this so easy to stick to I was in the same situation on monday and a big bowl of nachos with chilli and all the dips (love sour cream!!) and a bottle of wine latter felt no guilt and just moved my fast to tuesday.
01 Mar 2013, 22:20
Hi guys, good point you have there :-)
I've had a few weeks of this lifestyle, really enjoying it, but have had a week with no fasts due to it being my 25th! To be honest while i'm enjoying the indulgence, i'm actually looking forward to next week to get back on it. I find i'm feeling full and tired, whereas I actually find I enjoy going to bed after a fast day feeling in control of my relationship with food, rather than the other way round!
02 Mar 2013, 00:40
Love it, especially the fact that there`s always tomorrow! Gone is the day we feel guilty for not being perfect and having to restrict ourselves.

Thank you for the reminder of how awesome this plan is. We get to get our cake and eat too! (literally). Have a great fast tomorrow Muppet.

Happy weekend to everyone!!
02 Mar 2013, 12:49
We can get that wonderful feeling of Being In Control and the following day rejoice in being a bit out of control. Got to be ace psychology.
6 posts Page 1 of 1