The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

10 posts Page 1 of 1
Slacking :(
01 Mar 2013, 09:19
Morning all

Just looking for a little support/advice really. I've been slacking a little over the past couple of weeks. Last week I did a 6:1 as kids were on school holidays & I didn't feel like I had the strength or willpower to do another fast day!
This week I have been pretty rubbish too :( Fast day on Weds but apart from that I've been quite piggish... :oops: I've excused myself because I am due on my period, but I really need to put my foot down with myself and stop making excuses! I don't want to do well on fast days only to undo my good work on feast days by going OTT!
Anyone else have periods of slacking off? I'm determined to do better from now on but I always seem to come up with an excuse as to why I can't do, or why I am doing this or that. I feel quite idiotic as it shouldn't be so hard to stay on the straight and narrow should it? :roll:
Weaknesses - chocolate & red wine...

Sophie x
Re: Slacking :(
01 Mar 2013, 09:26
Ah bless you Sophie, you've done so well. Give yourself a break, don't be too hard on yourself. Set a date (say Monday) to get back into 5:2 and don't worry about it. I say this so easily being only 9 days in.
01 Mar 2013, 09:30
But you're little, and slim and lovely, and deserve a week off!
01 Mar 2013, 09:34
Aw thanks guys :)
I am just forever frustrated with my lack of willpower! I seem unable to stick to things I say I'm going to do. I am determined for this to be different and hopefully filter that determination into other facets of my life!
01 Mar 2013, 09:40
Morning Sophie,

Dont let negative thoughts get the better of you, you've lost weight already so you know you CAN do this,(you ARE doing this) try some creative visulisation, picture yourself in a few months time, how do you see yourself?, how do you feel?, hear all the positive things people are saying about your weight loss and hold on to that, today is a new day, go for it lass.
:D
01 Mar 2013, 11:25
Don't feel bad about it, it's not like you've blown it off completely, still did 1 fast day per week. One fast a week aka 6:1 is still fine. You might not lose anything, but I bet you didn't gain either. Dr MM uses 6:1 for maintainance. Just chalk it up to a "week off", and get back into it, you know it works.
01 Mar 2013, 11:35
BMI: 22.34 ??
01 Mar 2013, 13:34
I'm stuck at this weight for over 6 weeks it’s hard to go back into it when you have no results. Keep going though 1 week aint going to make a big difference
01 Mar 2013, 17:05
It's not so much the fact that I haven't lost any weight, it's more the fact that I can't say no to junk food, or rather I find an excuse to eat ot anyway and then I feel crap because I know it's no good for me & simple greed! I would like to be more disciplined, which I have been today so maybe I have turned a corner at long last!
01 Mar 2013, 18:27
All I've done today is graze..........and I'm about to go up to Saisnburys to get a (small..ha ha) packet of dry roasted nuts to drink with my glass of wine (or two). Since I've been 5:2ing I'm not worried about it - tomorrow is another day and it is just one day at a time. I know that the way I eat is slowly changing and I am starting to make better food choice but I need a blow out every now and then.
10 posts Page 1 of 1