The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

2 posts Page 1 of 1
My first of 2 nightshifts tonight. Thursday was my last fast day, so yesterday was a feast day and boy did I feast.

I had a light breakfast yesterday followed by a gorgeous lunch in a little Italian restaurant that has opened up down the road. Last night we had club sandwiches and onion rings and I had quite a bit of vodka and coke to finish off a nice feast day. I've been keeping an eye on calories on feast day (to make sure I don't go too far over on feast days) but with all the indulgences yesterday I didn't. So today has been a lean day, although not fasting. Waiting until 2pm and had some scrambled eggs on wholemeal toast, and have just made a lovely plate of fresh pasta to fill me up before my shift. Total calories today of 1100 so hopefully rectifying my indulgences of yesterday. Tomorrow will be a fast day, so much easier when working a busy shift and then sleeping straight after to work it into the week this way.

Hope this week is as successful as last week! Good luck all 5:2 fasters this week!.
Night shifts start Monday :cry: so have plan! good breakfast Monday, 500cals around 2am Tuesday and end fast Tuesday evening after too little sleep! I am NOT looking forward to this despite having found this SO easy to follow. I have night shift Monday to Thursday, 7.45pm till 8.15am and it's rubbish any way-will fast Monday and Thursday so that I can enjoy eating on my days off.
This is a great way of controlling my greedy stomach and I am NOT losing the momentum on a crap shift. I'm not bothered about losing weight, I am bothered about living long :D! Good luck all shift working fasters!
Nx
2 posts Page 1 of 1