The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi there,

Just finishing my first week and done 4:3, today I've eaten what I liked and not counted cals as I normally would but know I'd be massively over, this is what I've had:

Breakfast, bacon sandwhich
Lunch, sausage & chips (chippy treat)
Dinner, seeded fish, fries & mushy peas (healthy version of fish n chips)
Afters, cheese and olives lots of cider!!

Now I know the above is carb rich and bulky but never normally exceed 1400, but will I really still loose weight eating that much and only fasting 2 or 3 times a week??

Ps, I'm 34 female and 5ft (in case that helps!!)

Thanks
I can't see that being a problem unless you start eating like that every day :) We all have indulgent days now and then, but still lose weight overall!
As a one off it's ok. You need to eat a healthy normal diet on your not fast days. Having the occasional blow out is fine, but I wouldn't eat like that every day. :) I have had a Chinese tonight, but that is my sort of unhealthy treat of the week ( and actually I feel rubbish now!) For most of us, we have found that we just don't want to eat that type of food as the weeks have gone on and have naturally eaten healthier foods with the odd treat thrown in.
If you haven't had chance to read the book, have a look through the FAQ.
If you want to, use the TDEE link and this will give you a better idea of what you should be eating on your non fast days.
Even to lose a lb a week you need a deficit of 3500 calories ( I'm sure you're well aware of this if you've been on a calorie counting diet!) So same rules apply here I'm afraid :(
So good luck with this WOE and welcome!
3 posts Page 1 of 1