The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Basically what it says in the subject!
Do you find it harder to abstain on fast days?
Do you find that you maintain your weight or put some on?
Or does it have no effect at all? :?:
I certainly find it does for me. I find myself colder than usual (I'm always a bit colder on a fast day, but at that time of the month I feel like I want gloves on indoors!) and it's not as easy as usual. I won't say it's 'harder' as to me that implies it's hard for me in general to abstain, I've found it pretty easy but certainly less so when it's that time.

Generally I only maintain weight that week, but that's certainly better than pre 5:2 when my weight would always go up for the week (probably mostly water retention in all fairness). Sometimes I'll lose a little, othertimes the following week I may lose a little extra which I guess makes up for it :)
Not really, apart from the weight fluctuations, which basically mean I don't lose weight that last premenstrual week. But then a rapid weight loss when getting rid of the fluid again :-)
I used to have increased appetite, especially for sweets, but it hasn't caused any problems with the fast.
3 posts Page 1 of 1