The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

after 4 weeks on the plan, I'm wondering if my weight loss is going in a fortnightly cycle, and has anyone else noticed this?

Week 1 -3lbs
Week 2 weight stayed same
Week 3 -4lbs
Week 4 +0.5lb

Overall, I know the trend is downwards, and my waist has shrunk by another half an inch this week, so something is working, but each of the 4 weeks as far as I can tell, I've done the same thing, so not sure why there is such a difference from week to week. I soooo want this to work for me!

Kim x
Hi Kim - looks to me like it's working just fine with 6.5lbs loss overall in 4 weeks! Presumably one of those weeks was 'that time of the month' which for me at least usually results in a maintain (or even a tiny gain).

Your body will take a little while to adjust to 5:2, with your fluctuating water levels etc so it's quite common for folks to notice some weeks of slight regain or maintainence when starting out. Overall though as you say the trend is downwards and you're doing great!

Do your scales also measure fat % & water %? That can be really useful if you're bothered by the weight not seeming to go down (although the inch loss is also encouraging of course!) - you can see if your fat % has gone down a bit instead and perhaps then you've gained a bit of muscle weight, or you can see if you're retaining a bit more water that week which would also explain the lack of change on the scales :)
Thanks Moogie,

My scales just measure weight, so can't look at fat and water stats. Also, I don't have a TOTM as I'm on the mini pill, so not sure whether I'd have all the 'other' effects, just not the period!

But, yeah, 6.5lbs in 4 weeks is pretty good isn't it - thanks for pointing that out, I feel much better now!

x
I'm pretty sure whatever type of contraceptive you're on, there's still a hormonal cycle going on naturally in your body, even if you don't have the period itself.

6.5lbs in 4 weeks is brilliant indeed, glad that made you feel better :) And you've been able to eat all your favourite things too! It doesn't get better than 5:2 :D
4 posts Page 1 of 1