The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

22 posts Page 2 of 2
Oh yes I have had "feed days" like this. What's helped me is to incorporate "eating windows" whereby I only eat between certain times and count the rest of the hours as fasting. For me this means eating within a 8 hour window every non-fast day and fasting 16 hours. I've also been encouraging myself to fill up on healthy food before reaching for the snacky food - eg humous and carrot sticks, tzatiki and red pepper strips, unsalted nuts... More often than not, there's no room for crisps etc.

So currently my routine is this:

Monday 20-24 hour fast (5:2)
Tuesday 16 hr fast, eating within 8hrs anything I want but priority healthy foods (16:8)
Wednesday as Tuesday
Thursday as Monday
Friday as Tues-Wed
Weekend totally flexible :-)
My prime rule is not to have tempting stuff in the house if I can avoid it.

If it is in the house, then I ask myself if I really really want it... or if it was a fast day, would I skip it so as not to 'waste' the fast? If the answers are 'no' and 'yes', then I put it away. If the answers are 'yes' and 'no', I take a portion and then put the rest away... so as to avoid a repeat temptation.

I do find that having a hot drink can help alongside distraction... just like a fast day around lunchtime!
Hi Applespider, I don't keep any junk food (cake/crisps/choc etc etc) in the house as I know I would just give in to temptation. But I find myself bingeing on healthy food like porridge. Anyway I did a feed day yesterday and it went really well. I didn't overdo it at all so hopefully things are on the up. Here's hoping anyway.
I had a similar experience during the first few weeks. I counted all cals for first 6 weeks (stopped this week and trying to learn to trust myself!) I found that it helped me to see how many cals I was consuming on an average day.

Some days that I felt stuffed and ate a lot, I'd only had 1200 cals??? :victory:

Now, I'm in the habit of eating healthy during the week at work and binging Fri/Sat nights!! :oops: Try not to feel too guilty as long as you are losing/maintaining weight and inches. After all, thin people have the munchies and enjoy their food :grin: :lol:
Also, 1 time I decided that I had to drink wine and eat cheese and biscuits on a fast evening. Counted it up and my whole day was under 1000cals :?: :?: :razz: Never been on a diet before where a bad day was under 1000 :lol:

I try not to think of being on a diet now, as I really think that this is me for life :shock:
OP
the answer is in your question
then blow it in the hour before bed when I'm like a plague of locusts hitting the kitchen cupboards

you have to learn not to buy the stuff you graze on late at night - if its not in the house you cannot binge

its the part of the WOE that involes not walking down those aisles in the supermarket
Wow - so glad it is not just me, on feed days I can't stop bloody eating! Other night I had cheesecake, ice-cream bit of chocolate along with my normal food I would have. 2100 calories there abouts so just going to count that as one of my 'naughty' days, try to have 1-2 a week to balance it out. Only on my 3rd week of 5:2 though so I am hoping my appetite calms down :)
22 posts Page 2 of 2